Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trigger For My Edge

Sporky

I think I need a shorter trigger for my Edge.....my hands are on the small side.

So I was wondering......should I get the STI short, gunsmith blank, or try to fit an SVI in?

I really only want to do this one time and get back to shooting!!!

Thanks in advance

I ordered my Dawson CRP Edge with the STI Short curved trigger because I also have small hands. Prior to ordering this gun I have three 2011's all with the SVI short Flat trigger. Since this gun was going to be a backup gun to one of my existing pistols I thought this would suffice, it wasn't bad but it wasn't the same either. This past weekend I had my gunsmith cut down and install the STI Gunsmith Blank trigger. It is approximately the same length as the SVI Short Flat trigger with about a 15 minute install and I like the feel much better than the short curved trigger. Either way I believe you will be satisfied but if you plan to do it yourself the STI Gunsmith Blank is the way to go in my opinion. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info guys!

I really want the look of the SVI but I need to find a smith to do that work. I am sure I could do it, but this blaster is my baby and I don't wanna mess her up

I am thinking that I will get the blank and the short and if I don't like the short STI I can get the blank and file on it myself.

Thanks for the pictures too that was awesome!

If you have multiple pistols a huge advantage is you can cut a bunch of gunsmith fit triggers the same to set em all up identical for a fraction of the price. I'm convinced most guys are drawn to the SVI's mostly because they look uber cool. ( nothing wrong with that)

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, I ended up with a STI short trigger fit by a smith. I fit a blank as well, but I like the feel of the texture on the stock short trigger better. I might continue to mess with the blank when I get some more time, but for now, the new short trigger is amazing and the trigger job is 1000% better than it was before.

And it wasn't even that bad to begin with!

No more excuses for me.......the gun will do its part now I just need to do my part.