Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter 6 inch fit in limited holster

pfcchambers

Hey guys i just got a race master with the magnetic block for my Tanfoglio limited. But I am just not sure it is for me. I find myself constantly worrying about whether the gun is locked in or not. I feel like I would be happier with a standard kydex style holster. I am considering the Boss holster setup from Ben Stoger Pro shop but my predicament is I also have a Hunter 6 inch slide I run on my Limited frame. Does anyone know if a limited kydex holster will fit the Hunter longer slide?

I know in the past I had a 6 inch Para that fit in a standard kydex 1911 holster was just pondering if any of you have tried it on the hunter thanks for you input.

Edited by pfcchambers

You can also add a muzzle platform to the DAA race master. It will add a little more feeling of securing. Having said that I frequently use my DAA race master (both old tension type and new magnetic type), manng bragg futuristic magnetic and H&S CW5 and not had any worries with secure locking on any of them.

The old DAA insert was a bit fidly with my tanfogs (both my stock II and eric custom) and could have been tighter too but the new magnetic insert was cut to a tighter fit AND was much cleaner to re-holster.

Does it not cleanly slide in and 'click' into place when you re-holster?

I am not sure I would say it cleanly lock into place when you re-holster. I have watched the DAA videos where with the magnetic you can clearly hear it clicking into place mine does not do that however it does lock. Maybe it just needs a bit of fitting. I just worry I might take to much off. I might just buy the Boss setup and try it out. Worst case it only wont work with my hunter buy I mostly shoot my Limited anyways. Decisions to be made now.

The audible click on My magnetic DAA seemed to get louder as I used it from when it was new. I can feel it and hear it lock in. I love it, you may get more comfortable with it as you use it. Do dry fire as well. I have a BOSS setup for 3 gun. I'll check this afternoon if it is open in the bottom to allow a longer barrel. The BOSs is awesome as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 2brothersguns

Just checked the BOSS holster, It is closed. You could buy just the boss hangar and attach a different holster. But then again probably cant find anyone who makes one for a hunter. I did cut a comptac holster for a glock, retention wasn't compromised and works great. 918feb6a2ec3f826e14bf2e7898c6d99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright well I really appreciate the information. i will keep running the DAA for now. I probably just need to keep getting used to it as well as hopefully a little break in. If not I can always run the Boss for just my limited. I shoot it the most I appreciate you taking the time to check that for me.