Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 10-22

eerw

It's more fun to piece it together. I have a 10/22 that started life as a 10/22T. It would shoot .40" 10 shot groups at 50 yards. Sent it off to http://www.ct-precision.com Once I got it back, bedded the stock and it'll shoot .20" groups with cheap ammo and 1.5-2" with high quality match ammo. With the amount of money I spent, you can only buy a STI receiver and a trigger group, but not the rest of the gun.

You might want to look into Volquartsen since they do the most in 10/22 stuff.

I'm not complaining. I shot Federal Gold Ultra Match which cost about $13/50 rounds. This is the stuff Olympic shooters use. Well it stove piped just about every round and had a 2" group. Eley's Club ammo, I think that's the type at $2/50 shot a .20" group.

Coming from an old .22 rf Bench rest shooter....what ever ammo you buy, you want it NOT to exceed the speed of sound.

Here is why: everytime you break the sound barrier, either going up or down, your bullet will wobble as it goes thru that 'wall'. and, the .22RF will break the sound barrier (going down) before it hits the target at 50 yds.

So......the guys that shoot .22 bench rest matches REALLY loved the Federal 900B ammo as it only went 1040fps.

I found that Winchester wild cat worked sufficient, but not for matches. .22 ammo made for pistol shooting seems to work good. Lapua makes some really fine ammo for BR shooting.

Federal does not make the 900 match ammo any more and it is hard to get. for the most accuracy, measure head thickness and seperate, and ofcourse buy your self a set of wind flags......paying attention mostly to the nearest one to you.