Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1201FP

trbon8r

Hi,

I am new here and am just starting to explore getting in to 3 gun competition. I'm much more knowledgable on rifles and pistols than I am shotguns so I am hoping you fellows might help.

I have a Beretta 1201FP riot shotgun, 20" barrel and rifle sights. I see lots of discussion on Benellis but is anyone using the Beretta? Thanks.

Ben

Thanks. :)

I tried the search function but it wouldn't work for me. Guess you have the magic touch!

So I guess the main reason the Beretta isn't popular is limited mag capacity. I may have to live with it for a while since I'm not sure I want to buy a dedicated race gun at this point. Thanks for the info.

Ben

I have one, and Bennie is 100% correct. Learn to reload faster and it won't matter much. I have used mine for 3gun and I didn't feel I was at a substantial disadvantage. You can set one on the carrier and get 8, close enough for the local stuff. Play with it and if you love shotgunning get something cooler.

I might give the Beretta a whirl at one of the local matches. I think the point made about magazine capacity is valid, but disagree that the gun kicks particularly hard. The action is the same as a Benelli, and don't see why the Beretta would kick any harder.

Recoil is subjective, and in this case might have a lot to do with stock design. The only time I shot the Beretta I was very concious of how high the comb was, very different from my 11-87. Needless to say it pounded both shoulder and cheek bone.