Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

140mm mag bodies - 2011

dpollard

I am new to the 2011 platform and have some questions regarding mags.

I shoot limited division in USPSA so I am looking to get about 20-21 .40 rounds in each mag. Most factory mags I see for sale list s17 rounds. To increase capacity is it just a matter of swapping factory internals with different bases, springs and followers? I am currenlty leaning toward TTI internals and flat base pad. Good choice?

Where is a good (read inexpensive but not sacrificing quality) place to buy just the 140mm mag body?

Thanks in advance.

I am new to the 2011 platform and have some questions regarding mags.

I shoot limited division in USPSA so I am looking to get about 20-21 .40 rounds in each mag. Most factory mags I see for sale list s17 rounds. To increase capacity is it just a matter of swapping factory internals with different bases, springs and followers? I am currenlty leaning toward TTI internals and flat base pad. Good choice?

Where is a good (read inexpensive but not sacrificing quality) place to buy just the 140mm mag body?

Thanks in advance.

Cheapest place to buy all your parts for mags is shooters connection. Make sure to sign up for the forum discount

. Make sure to sign up for the forum discount

How do I go about doing that?

Sign up for an account at shootersconnection.com. Send an email to Chuck and tell him you are an Enos forum member. Include your forum name and account email he will get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Make sure to sign up for the forum discount

How do I go about doing that?

Sign up for an account at shootersconnection.com. Send an email to Chuck and tell him you are an Enos forum member. Include your forum name and account email he will get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. Would've been nice if I knew about this long time ago.

I have the best luck with TTI 4G2 basepads and either Grams or TTI springs and followers to get 21+1 to start, 20 reloadable.

I was previously using the Dawson SNL pads and had to file the back of the feed lips just to get the mags to fit the gauge, and I only got 20+1, 20 reloadable. The TTI pads allow the mag to fit the gauge much easier also.

This is all with factory STI tubes, not tuned or anything.

TTI gets my vote as well.

Just set 4 of them up with TTI guts and STI stock tubes and I get 21 no sweat.

I got my tubs from Dawson precision and the guys from TTI direct.

Hit the rep up on here to see if you can get a discount code too.

Goon luck.

Check out the new MBX extreme mags. They are basically all tuned up and ready to go right out of the box and will hold 21 rounds. They just became available for purchase a few days ago.

Well, that's going to cost me some coin.

I was hoping to find a used set of Brazo's tuned but they rarely come up for sale and go quickly when they do.

It looks like the MBX will do nicely. After I pay for my new SS grip of course....

Goon luck.

How do I locate the rep? Shooters Connection is sold out of the basepads (as of last night). I'd like to get some ordered. My gun should be complete pretty soon and I want to get practicing with it, loads developed and any issues worked out before mid-March, which is my first match for the season.

Goon luck.

How do I locate the rep? Shooters Connection is sold out of the basepads (as of last night). I'd like to get some ordered. My gun should be complete pretty soon and I want to get practicing with it, loads developed and any issues worked out before mid-March, which is my first match for the season.

You're gonna be busy for awhile. That's a lot to do in 5 weeks. Especially since your gun isn't done yet.