Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5" M&P Pro core w/comp holster?

ZoomZoom

nice...

what type of competition are doing with that rig?

USPSA Open, and Steel Challenge Open. Being a OFG (old fat guy), I don't scare any of the good shooters, but I still have fun and it's better than watching soap operas and shuffling around in my walker. :roflol:

Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what holster will work with a Core? If so, I use a Safariland 014 with mine.

i-j3fXQKr.jpg

Yes, the title is confusing......it was late.

And yes, I'm interested in what holster will work with a 5" M&P pro with a 3 port Carver comp.

Thanks.

Edited by ZoomZoom

Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what holster will work with a Core? If so, I use a Safariland 014 with mine.

i-j3fXQKr.jpg

Yes, the title is confusing......it was late.

And yes, I'm interested in what holster will work with a 5" M&P pro with a 3 port Carver comp.

Thanks.

The Safariland works for that too. It's very adjustable.

Slide mounted optics like that are generally pretty compatible, you could even use a production holster if you liked. I use Blade-Techs for mine, and I just molded one with my own hanger. If you're using it for 3-Gun I'm fond of the Blade-Tech/5.11 Thumb Drive. It's less expensive than other retention holsters and the thumb plunger is unobtrusive. For USPSA, I'd go with low cut Kydex, but there's CR Speed, Safariland, DAA, basically take your pick.

So just the regular 014 for a M&P has enough adjustability in the muzzle platform to deal with that Carver comp correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you get the 014 for the M&P, when I ordered mine, the order software was screwed up and I got sent a holster for an STI (it won't fit the trigger guard). They were very nice and corrected it immediately, just double check the stock number before hitting the "order" button. But to answer your question, yes there is enough adjustment for a Carver. I have a 4 port and I have a lot of adjustment left over.

Edit: But there is not enough adjustment to shorten it down for a 4.25" barrel, I made a spacer for the barrel plug so I could use it for that as well.

Pretty versatile holster, this was one of my adaptations when I had hip surgery. (notice the barrel adapter plug :surprise: )

IMG_20141213_091525_053%20%28Small%29.jp

Edited by Bkreutz

• 1 month later...