Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DK trigger story

mntbighker

Let me start be saying that Kinsler has been awesome and very tolerant of my ignorance about such matters.

I thought my experience might save someone else a little confusion so here I am sharing.

I started this process trying to decide what mods I want to do to my new Glock 35. And for the record I don't have it yet because the waiting period ends Friday. My number one requirement was to replace the factory trigger shoe that may as well be made of pins and razor blades. This of course means no production class shooting. Moving on. I read a lot of opinions about triggers and eventually decided to go with DK. But DK has chosen to stick with the factory trigger shoe. Presumably to keep his audience as wide as possible, and include production class guns. I asked him if I could get his trigger kit, but have him get me an aftermarket trigger shoe. He suggested the ZEV, so I said OK. But where our communication broke down was he won't install the ZEV trigger shoe in his trigger (professional courtesy). So my stuff arrived with his trigger kit shipped bog standard, and the ZEV trigger in a separate bag. He did a little polishing and such on the ZEV, but if I want the ZEV trigger shoe I have to remove his trigger bar and replace it with the ZEV. I can do that, but I didn't realize that was what I would be doing. And I will be using the the ZEV trigger bar instead of his. One could argue if my one major requirement was an aftermarket trigger shoe, I should have simply eliminated all options that didn't offer that. But I concluded that the people doing billet trigger shoes are not necessarily the best at trigger work. Anyway, maybe this story will benefit others in a similar position. I don't know what I will do if I much prefer the DK trigger bar, since I can't stand the Austrian torture device trigger shoe.

I apologize for the confusion in our discussion. But if you do prefer the trigger bar I include in the kit over the ZEV after trying both then send me the bar back and I can flatten the facing slightly ;-)

It's like I always say. Once you lose your sense of humor over something, the game is over ;-)

I'll keep that in mind. :blink:

mntbighker; I'd give Zev a call explain what happened they may be willing to give you a exchange for something else you can use magwell, mag release, heavey guide rod, exc.. Then give Carver a call I have heard that they will install a a Zev trigger pad on there trigger bar by request.

Joe Nixion has custom built Carver Glock he uses. He shoots for Bobby Carver Joe has a Youtube video where he states that he prefers the Zev trigger pad on his gun so he had Bobby Carver build his TRIGGER using one. Sounds like Bobby Carver either used a Zev Trigger Pad only, or complete trigger bar that was tuned by Carver on Joe Nixion gun

Mntbighker; There was some miscommunication seeing DK sent you a separate Zev trigger with his? This Does Happen

Let me weigh in on this since my name was dropped. In conversations/debates like this, I tend to lead with the facts before rhetoric smashes everything.

FACT- When I shot open, Lim/Lim 10, and Production divisions for Bobby I had his trigger group in all of my comp guns.

FACT- Before that, I ran a ZEV group in my open gun, and a Vanek in my Lim/Lim 10/Pro guns.

FACT- Bobby uses a ZEV pad and bar in ALL of his triggers, and makes his own modifications. Yes, I preferred it that way.

FACT- I now shoot a CK 2011 in the Open Div, but I still run competition Glocksin a variety of matches.

FACT- In ALL of the Glocks I still own for competition purposes, you will find a DK resting snugly in the trigger guard.

Here's where personal opinion enters in. Dan sent me one of his groups for testing just to get my opinion on them when he first started putting his ideas to practicality. I was immediately impressed on its crisp, clean break, and it's overall simplicity. I'll condense that down to a simple "it just felt good".

It was mentioned above that I prefer a ZEV pad over stock on my Glocks. The wider pad just feels better to me, and that's all personal preference.

I'll close this by saying that if there was miscommunication with Dan over your preferences with your order, why are you bringing them here to a public forum instead of communicating with Dan directly? I have found Dan to be attentive to everything I've ever laid at his doorstep, regardless of what it was. And I must point out.....Dan has always been this way with people, even before he went into the trigger business. I do hope you can resolve your issue, and I have every confidence that Dan will do his utmost, just show some class and do it privately instead of here.

I just sent Dan a PM actually. I will keep repeating this. This is not a public flogging. I just wanted to share enough information to save someone else a little grief later. I'm not angry about anything except the fact that the USPS sent the freakin package initially to the wrong city despite having the correct zip code. :angry2:

I'm just starting a journey back into shooting after 20 years away from it. This little drama, and any extra money spent will be lost in the low level noise soon enough I'm sure. I seem to have a talent for finding money pits like shooting sports to occupy my time. :surprise:

Thanks to all who chimed in. And keep sending Dan your money please.