Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Defender sight or similar for std dovetail?

StraightSh00ter

I am looking at rear sight options for the standard dovetail slides (SP01 or 75B). I personally would like a low profile sight, all black, and preferably with a wider slot. CZ seems to have the "Defender" sights, but it's hard to tell if the pics are showing the right model for standard dovetails:

http://www.shop-cz.com/rear-sight-defender-sp01-cz75-85b/d-71044/

Is anything like this available for the stock slides?

Thanks,

Joe

The rear sight standard dovetail is, in my opinion, the weak design point on an otherwise very customizable gun.

That said, your best options are czcustom.com and cajungunworks.com

Alternatively, you can send your slide to czcustom and they will mill the dovetail to fit more widely acquirable dovetails like Novak style (look at the hiene sights on their top end custom guns). Last, I see Dave at CGW is designing a new rear sight. Not sure on timing of its availability.

Good luck!

I am looking at rear sight options for the standard dovetail slides (SP01 or 75B). I personally would like a low profile sight, all black, and preferably with a wider slot. CZ seems to have the "Defender" sights, but it's hard to tell if the pics are showing the right model for standard dovetails:

http://www.shop-cz.com/rear-sight-defender-sp01-cz75-85b/d-71044/

Is anything like this available for the stock slides? defender sight.jpg

Thanks,

Joe

The description says its for the SP01/75/85b. That is the standard dovetail.

Thanks guys. I am wondering if CZ is using a (wrong) generic pic, and that the 75 standard dovetail version is taller. Note the screw in the sight.

I would guess that milling the slide is like 1/2 the cost of an upgrade to a shadow, which would be hard to call worth it on a new gun purchase. But I am starting everything from scratch and can't do a shadow with all the other stuff I would need.

I think the rear sight would give me more of an improvement than anything else at this point, except maybe Da trigger tune which is easy.

Edited by StraightSh00ter

Thanks guys. I am wondering if CZ is using a (wrong) generic pic, and that the 75 standard dovetail version is taller. Note the screw in the sight.

I would guess that milling the slide is like 1/2 the cost of an upgrade to a shadow, which would be hard to call worth it on a new gun purchase. But I am starting everything from scratch and can't do a shadow with all the other stuff I would need.

I think the rear sight would give me more of an improvement than anything else at this point, except maybe Da trigger tune which is easy.

From my understanding, on firing pin block models the block goes higher into the slide than a non-block gun which just has a channel the pin goes into which does not require taking up space so high. I think this is one of the reasons that the block slides don't get milled for shadow dovetail sights.