Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight on older Match w/o light rail

jmbaccolyte

Railed Matches use those as well, there were some matches which came with the Super Sight, but I haven't seen many.

That sight is OK, not exactly a target sight, but pretty low profile so it would be good for a carry gun.

The came with white dots and without at various times.

Thanks guys. So that's the same rear sight that I have on my railed Match, I wasn't sure because I couldn't tell in the photo if those letters spell out "LPA" like mine does. Mine came apart and flew off after a few thousand rounds. I found the pieces, lock-tited it down (after sighting it back in) and it did it again anyway. So I sprayed the parts with brake cleaner, dried them and lock-tited them again. This has worked for several more thousand rounds.

Atlas- what makes it not exactly a a target sight? Just so you know, my eyes are ageing and I probably need more light on each side of the front sight than most people.

Nealio- Why does the Henning fixed rear sight work much better?

I really appreciate the help. I haven't decided to buy that pistol, but am kind of leaning that way since I can't find the powder that I would like. My wife once told me, "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping."

Does anyone know if my kydex holster (Blade-Tech) for the railed Match will also fit the older un-railed Match?

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Jmb, I just put the henning sights on my match. The front has a fiber optic, so it STANDS OUT compared to the factory. Plus the post is narrower. The rear is moved back 1/4" (guess) so the sight radius is longer, and the gap is narrower. Only ran 2 mags since the swap (to verify trigger conversion to da/sa works), but it's easier to keep focus on the front. And being in that bifocal wearing 50+ group, things that make seeing the sight easier are appreciated!

It is a bit of a chore to get it in, but it shouldn't wiggle out.