Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI comes through like a champ!

Foxbat

You will love the new comp design, I just got mine in November and she runs GREAT.

38 super or 9 major

Mine is a 38 super, I may be wrong but the 38's have 4 holes where a 9 only has 2

Mine indeed has 2 holes, so perhaps you are right about that rule. I did not stipulate the holes, I trusted Brandon on that. Both the new and old guns have 2 holes.

Also, Brandon had confirmed the small differences between the two comps.

Nice Pistol! How do you like the sight so far?

So far I like the sight. Indexing is easier, especially when shooting with one hand. The window is smaller, but at least in practice that has not been an issue. The old gun feels too tall in comparison. The dot is very nice, but I haven't had a chance to try it in bright sun light yet. I like the feature where it turns ON at previous setting... turning it OFF not as nice - those 3 seconds feel like the longest you have even seen! :)

So overall - glad I went this way, but will know for sure after doing a couple of matches.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of load are you using. I know Brandon recommends VV3N38 with barrel holes but that stuff is impossible to find these days. Along with other powders. Just curious. Ive ordered the no hole barrel on mine. Also is it true it took 6-7 months turn around?

Well, the RTS2 gremlins have finally gotten hold of me.

Today, after about 800 rounds, it finally happened... the dot disappeared.

The strange thing is how it all worked. It disappeared after the first round in a new magazine. I then had to press the Down button, and the dot came back, and much higher brightness.

Then the whole mag went fine.

BUT... next magazine, with just 4 rounds, and the dot is out again, right after the first shot.

This repeated 4 or 5 times. I then pulled out the battery tray, and put it back in. The remaining 50 rounds or so went fine.