Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.2.25

ZackJones

I didn't test with the Nexus as it was charging last night. All my tests were done with NST's. I'll repeat the tests using the Nexus and see what happens. Another test I wanted to try was using my iPhone to see if they see each other or not. I'll go try that and report back shortly.

ETA: Post test results. Tried it with iPhone providing WiFi access and the NST's don't seem to sync but Nexus tablets sees them just fine. Tried Linksys router and same thing. No go on NST and Nexus works fine. Connected back to home network with Internet access and and same story. Nexus works fine but NST's don't seem to work. By chance I left the NST's running on the sync screen and after about 30 minutes, if not longer, of churning it finally found the other devices on the network. So it looks like (1) the problem is isolated to NST's and (2) if you have enough patience (I don't) the NST's will eventually find others on the network.

Edited by ZackJones

I have tried syncing 8 nst's and a iPhone plus a iPad. Everything found each other. One of the nst's took ~60 seconds to find everything.

I used two different netgear routers. Both worked fine. I feel like I dodged a bullet?

We are all Apple and have always had synching issues. The latest OS as well as the Beta iOS PractiScore version are trying to help but it is still an issue. I have always thought part (maybe most) of the issue is that we must support more than just G, since we have other devices. I expect having to work with the rest of the world is not something that keeps Apple up at night, but it sure does for the rest of us!

We're not, but I've just noticed amongst my own hardware (my ipad, ipad mini, iphone) that they always seem to find each other immediately before turning up any of the nooks out on the stages. When I was sharing the ssid of the wifi network, I noticed other folks' iphones showed up straight away as well.

Ok, thanks for responding. We just started using PS with Nooks and while they are awesome for battery life and daylight visibility, their synching/network and slow refresh leave something to be desired. I wasn't sure if it was worth going to iPad Minis for stage devices.

BTW, I noticed that the Practiscore Twitter feed mentioned that there'd be an iOS release this week. I hope that's still true.

Just upgraded and noticed a problem. A few of our shooters on our Time Plus w/ Points matches have no scores now. They were fine before, as can be verified from the posted results. Our Time Plus match looks fine.

I'll see if I can find a pre upgraded Match File to contact support.

I ran a match with 1.2.25 using Nooks this past weekend. Everything went smoothly until I tried to sync from the Master nook to my iPhone. The iPhone kept getting a "Failed to find device" error when I would put in the sync code of the master Nook. I ran into this issue before so I jumped out of PractiScore on the iPhone and hard closed PractiScore. Then relaunched PractiScore and reattempted the sync and it worked without any issues. My iPhone was running the iOS version just prior to the one that was recently released. So hopefully this issue if fixed in the latest iOS version since it claims to fix some syncing issues. We will see how it goes next month.

I am really digging the new features in 1.2.25. We even got a chance to use the copying of scores from one shooter to another when someone scored a stage run on the wrong shooter. It was a cool learning experience for the RO and saved us a good chunk of time in not needing to manually write down and re input the score under the correct shooter. PractiScore for the WIN!!!

Between the combination of 1.2.25 and iOS 1.653, the sync issues seem to have gone away, albeit you have to operate the iOS sync screen a little differently now. I cleared out the existing list and then hit 'scan network' and the nooks I was testing with showed up on the list within 5 secs.

Between the combination of 1.2.25 and iOS 1.653, the sync issues seem to have gone away, albeit you have to operate the iOS sync screen a little differently now. I cleared out the existing list and then hit 'scan network' and the nooks I was testing with showed up on the list within 5 secs.

Great news! Have you gotten to test much the other way, Nook pull from iOS?

Hasnt ever been an issue though I didn't specifically try it. We only do that once at the start of the match when populating the nooks from the iOS master.

Later: yes, iOS to android works fine.

Edited by wgnoyes