Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.2.25

ZackJones

From the release notes on practiscore.com

• Sort by squad number shows sub-headers with squad sizes
  • Delete/undelete and assign to squad multiple shooters
  • Fixed an out of memory error when posting very large match results to practiscore.com
  • New and faster implementation of device scanner
  • Added filter for devices with non-current match and non-selected
  • Fixed issue with syncing multiple devices at once
  • Fixed issue with syncing deleted shooters (0000364)
  • Workaround for missing penalties after PIN import (0000434)
  • Editable shooter’s categories to replace age, gender and other hardcoded categories (0000233)
  • Removed restriction on shooter’s phone number to better interoperate with ios app
  • Added template for NSSF Steel match
  • Improved error handling for IDPA RangeLog export

So I updated to 1.2.25. This went well. Smoothest update so far. Looking at the "sync with other devices screen" what is the funnel looking button next to the update button? When I pushed it some of the devices went away. Push again all devices come back. Im not smart enough to figure out why the ones go away...

I think it is a filter. You can filter out certain devices.

Incidentally, I had an issue with 1.2.25 wednesday night. I got an error when trying to email the registration and the match stages and scores so I could import into ezwinscore. Error forced PS to stop. But it emailed anyway.

Ran a NSSF Steel match on it using the new template. No problems, previously used the regular Steel Challenge template. Posted results directly to Practiscore.com and tested email results as well.

EDIT TO ADD: Used plain old NST.

Edited by glockwerkes

We ran a Time Plus pistol match today and upon posting to Practiscore.com from an iPad, the posted results only show The Overall, Class leaders, and individual results. No stage results were posted.

When we ran a 3 gun match last month using Time Plus with Points, we got stages posted. Why the difference?

I had a problem syncing yesterday morning at the start of our match. I was trying to sync two Nooks running 1.2.25 to our Nexus 7 also running 1.2.25, via a D-Link DAP-1350 Pocket Router/AP, which I've used for well over a year. The DAP-1350 does not have access to the Internet, just sets up a network for the devices to communicate with each other.

The Nooks could not find the Nexus tablet or each other after several Refresh attempts on the Sync screen. I also tried keying in the Nexus Sync Code on the Nooks and that told me the Connection Failed. Finally after several minutes of failed attempts, I grabbed two Nooks running 1.2.24 and was able to sync with the Nexus tablet.

When I got home I connected the two Nooks running 1.2.24, the two running 1.2.25 and the Nexus tablet running 1.2.25 to by home WiFi. All devices could see each other and sync with no problem.

Now I tried connecting all those devices to the DAP-1350 not connected to the Internet and only the two Nooks running 1.2.24 could see every device. The Nooks running 1.2.25 could not find the other devices even when using the Sync Codes.

Next I plug the DAP-1350 into my router, thus giving it access to the Internet and what do you know, now the Nooks running 1.2.25 could find all the devices on the Sync page.

This issue only seems to affect the Nooks, the Nexus tablet can see all devices in the sync page regardless if the AP has Internet access or not.

I'll submit this issue to PractiScore.

Edited by jdphotoguy

I've seen the Connection Failed error a few times, while trying to synch Nooks to the master iPad. Usually, I have to go into the Settings | Wireless on the Nook, turn OFF and ON and the WiFi and upon it reconnecting to our mobile router, it will then synch properly.

How was device sync codes shown on the bottom of the screen looked like when you could not sync devices to each other?

From what I've seen, the connection failed error to ipad devices usually happen when ipad goes to sleep mode or switched to a different app.

Edited by euxx

How was device sync codes shown on the bottom of the screen looked like when you could not sync devices to each other?

From what I've seen, the connection failed error to ipad devices usually happen when ipad goes to sleep mode or switched to a different app.

The sync codes were the correct codes on each device. I have the DAP-1350 setup to assign static IP addresses for each device.

Tested the issue using six Nooks running 1.2.25 and there sync codes were the following:

Sync code - IP Address

006A - 192.168.0.106

006B - 192.168.0.107

006C - 192.168.0.108

006D - 192.168.0.109

006E - 192.168.0.110

006F - 192.168.0.111

0070 - 192.168.0.112

The Nexus tablet has the IP of 192.168.0.100 with a sync code or 0064.

So all had the correct codes.

Edited by jdphotoguy

jdphotoguy, I can't confirm that it has anything to do with the presence of the internet connection using DIR-506L pocket router. Though I only have couple Nook devices.

Could you set your router to G-only mode and see if that make any difference. Also could you try to gradually increase number of devices and see if they can see each other. Also check that there are no 1.2.24 on the network to eliminate unknown variables.

Edited by euxx

I'll do some testing tonight. I have 8 NST's I can test with using a Monster On-The-Go Cloud device.

JD - just to confirm you're using the release version and not a left over 1.2.25 beta, right?

Yes Zach, I'm using the version released to everyone.

jdphotoguy, I can't confirm that it has anything to do with the presence of the internet connection using DIR-506L pocket router. Though I only have couple Nook devices.

Could you set your router to G-only mode and see if that make any difference. Also could you try to gradually increase number of devices and see if they can see each other. Also check that there are no 1.2.24 on the network to eliminate unknown variables.

The router does not allow for 802.11g access only. The options are n, n and g, or n, g and b. I've had it configured to allow n, g and b from the beginning. Security is set to WPA or WPA2 with Cipher set to TKIP and AES.

Test 1 - two Nooks running 1.2.25 and router not connected to Internet.

Tap Refresh on the Device Sync screen on each Nook and after several minutes the icon animation next to the filter icon never stops spinning nor does the other device show up in the device list.

Test 2 - two Nooks running 1.2.25, one Nexus 7 running 1.2.25 and router not connected to Internet.

Tap Refresh on the Device Sync screen on each Nook and Nexus tablet. After a few seconds the tablet finds the two Nooks and shows them on the device list. The two Nooks after several minutes the icon animation next to the filter icon never stops spinning nor does the other device show up in the device list.

Test 3 - two Nooks running 1.2.25 and router connected to Internet.

Tap Refresh on the Device Sync screen on each Nook and after a few seconds the devices show up in the device list.

Ran the same three tests as above after configuring the router to allow only n and g, with same results for each test.

Let me know if you need additional info.

Edited by jdphotoguy

My tests pretty much mirror JD's.

Test 1 - Upgraded NST's to 1.2.25 and connected on home WiFi network with Internet access. Devices showed up quickly on the sync screen.

Test 2 - Turned off home WiFi router and turned on mobile hot spot without Internet access. Devices just churned and churned on the sync screen and never showed up.

Test 3 - Turned off mobile hot spot and turned on Linksys router without internet access. Devices just churned and churned on the sync screen and never showed up. I could find a device by manually entering the sync code though.

I'll play with it some more and will try to reproduce it with my hardware... Zack, was it the same linksys between your tests 1 and 3?

No. Test #1 was with Zoom cable modem that provides WiFi connection. #3 was with Linksys WCG200.

Zach, thanks for helping to test.

It is interesting, that regardless what type of network I connect to, one with Internet access or one without, the Nexus 7 tablet has no problem with syncing.

Edited by jdphotoguy