Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Lone Star Innovations TX Open

Just checked the scores - so Stage 12 was thrown out yet it was used in the final results. Also Stage 5 is a 150 point stage but some shooters had 155 160 points - something doesn't add up.

I don't know about Sat and Sun, but my group shot all day Friday. We had several issues with nooks not working at all or correctly and ended up having to run them to stack shack several times.

I just checked my scores and in Production, I am showing to have made 154 points on stage 5 : / I see another person with 160. Pretty frustrating. 2,5,8 and 12 were the best stages for me and now 12 is tossed (I assume for range equip failure?) and 5 is obviously messed up with practiscore, showing numerous shooters across squads scoring over the 150 pts. Now I am wondering where I actually stand in the match results. I was hoping to get a good read on how I was stacking up against other shooters on a regional level.

I enjoyed the stages very much, but this is pretty disappointing from a Lvl II match.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on Stage 11 one of the plates broke - since 11 was a much higher point stage than 12 they decided to take one of the plates from 12 to repair the plate on 11. (there was not a spare plate that was identical except for the one on 12). I believe from what I heard that keeping 12 in the scores was an oversight - they posted the score WITHOUT 12 at the range - but the awards were based on stage 12 being there. I know this because B class Limited - the guy who got a 3rd place plaque is the same guy who shows 3rd place online with stage 12. Remove stage 12 and he would have jumped to 2nd place.

How does a nook even allow for 160 points on a 150 point stage? (Serious question - I thought you couldln't enter more points than targets)

I wonder if all of the nooks are at the same Practiscore version level? If they are not that can cause some funky issues when you sync them.

I hadnt heard of this, but I am not up on practiscore. That would make sense since I thought you couldn't enter more "hits/targets" than what was in the stage. Seriously though, why does this never happen on a stage I tank. It's always on the good ones.

Just checked the scores - so Stage 12 was thrown out yet it was used in the final results. Also Stage 5 is a 150 point stage but some shooters had 155 160 points - something doesn't add up.

Where are the scores posted?

Just curious.

Never mind. Found it.

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=03BF0E2B-8AB6-4C2B-9377-BE79C8D0AE64

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Yeah, now I am showing 144 points on Stage 5, but looks like there are still people getting over 150 points. Not sure what's up. Overall match % for me now is under 75% which sucks, but I am not sure if that's correct or more scoring errors. I guess showing up, having a good match and running the gun well are the most important parts after safety, but not "knowing" the score is frustrating.

Guess it's that competitive nature. Glad I shot well for me, but I'd still like to know how it stacks up with the big boys. Gives perspective and an idea of how far of a gap I have to work at covering. So I guess with stage 12 I shot at my Class %, but without it, I am a point under. Guess it's time to just look towards Double Tap and working those mag changes. Going to be a mag change beat down in Production haha.

Looks like the issue with stage 5 is with 2 pieces of steel. Some shooters are showing 15 targets and 2 steel while other shooters are showing 15 targets. The WEIRD part is that even though the shooters are NOT showing hits for the 2 steel - Practiscore is still giving 10 points to them.

The MD is aware and trying to fix this. Chances are things will get mixed up a little again.

I have been trying to get the mixture of cow pies and mud off my shoes and cart for two hours now. It requires high pressure water, a screwdriver and a hammer. LOL. I shot like crap, as usual, but had a pretty good time. I am glad I did not have to shoot Sunday as I was still pretty whupped from Saturday.