Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Magazine Base-Lock

accu9

I've been searching for these for a very long time (out of stock for more than 6 months) to replace the odd shaped Mec-Gar plates that do not lock very well into my Springer Precision basepads.

In case anyone else has been looking for these, CZ Custom has the SP01 Mag Base Lock plates in stock!

I've been searching for these for a very long time (out of stock for more than 6 months) to replace the odd shaped Mec-Gar plates that do not lock very well into my Springer Precision basepads.

In case anyone else has been looking for these, CZ Custom has the SP01 Mag Base Lock plates in stock!

What problems were you having with the plastic Mec Gar lock plates? I'm curious because I have 5 brand new Mec Gar 17's waiting for thier Springer base pads to come in. I would like to be ahead of the game and buy some of the metal ones if your have problems with them ejecting their guts when they hit the ground.

The Mec-Gar Base pad locks aren't necessarily problems (although I did have a few mags spontaneously disassemble in a match whereas this has NEVER happened on my mags with the Springer/ SPO1 lock combo), more of peace of mind and convenience when cleaning /reassembling. I can however unequivocally tell you that the SP01 mag base pad locks fit significantly tighter and with less play in MY Springer Pads and are much easier to dis/reassemble. Maybe I got a bad batch of Mec-Gar pad locks, or it's just general manufacturing variances.

I tend to run my gear very hard, having SP01 mag base locks is one less thing I have to worry about. To be clear, Springer Base Pads work fine with the Mec-Gar locks, but they work absolutely perfectly with the SP01 locks.

The Mec-Gar Base pad locks aren't necessarily problems (although I did have a few mags spontaneously disassemble in a match whereas this has NEVER happened on my mags with the Springer/ SPO1 lock combo), more of peace of mind and convenience when cleaning /reassembling. I can however unequivocally tell you that the SP01 mag base pad locks fit significantly tighter and with less play in MY Springer Pads and are much easier to dis/reassemble. Maybe I got a bad batch of Mec-Gar pad locks, or it's just general manufacturing variances.

I tend to run my gear very hard, having SP01 mag base locks is one less thing I have to worry about. To be clear, Springer Base Pads work fine with the Mec-Gar locks, but they work absolutely perfectly with the SP01 locks.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was looking for.