Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching powder measure from Square Deal to 650

I had a Square Deal Press for the last four years, up until I bought a 650 a couple weeks ago. I decided to sell off all of my Square Deal stuff to fund the caliber conversions for the 650.

I have sold pretty much everything but the extra powder measure I had for the Square Deal. I was looking at the parts diagram and the lower assembly on it appears to be the only difference in the measures from the other presses. I didn't write anything down but it looks to be around 30 bucks to change the required parts over to get the measure to work on my 650.

Is there anything I'm missing with this? I'd hate to buy the parts and overlook something and end up wasting my money.

The 550, 650 and 1050 all use the exact same measure but the SD is different. At least the bottom portion. The SD powder die is a smaller diameter that all of the others. The linkage on my SD measures are also different but they are the old (30 years ago) spring return style. The rest of it looks to be the same as the other Dillons.

I know all of the powder bars interchange.

Edited by jmorris

AJ, I would ask Brian enos himself. He will know for CERTAIN what you need. He always answers my emails right away as well.

support@brianenos.com

Will do, thanks Sarge.

AJ, I would ask Brian enos himself. He will know for CERTAIN what you need. He always answers my emails right away as well.

support@brianenos.com

Will do, thanks Sarge.

I had to steer him to Dillon on that one. :)

But thanks guys.

I think I should be proud of myself... I stumped Brian. :devil:

I killed some time with a detailed look at the diagram in the manual for each press.

The body of the measure is the same on both of them, part # 22273.

The parts that are different between the two are as follows:

Shopping Cart Auto_Powder_System_t.jpg Automatic Powder System parts
Stock #: aps
Price: $12.15
x1: $12.15
Quantity: Remove From Shopping Cart Individual parts: Stripped Connector Body Collar - $12.15 Auto_Powder_System_t.jpg Automatic Powder System parts
Price: $5.65
x1: $5.65
Quantity: Remove From Shopping Cart Individual parts: Body Collar Clamp - $5.65 Auto_Powder_System_t.jpg Automatic Powder System parts
Price: $1.40
x2: $2.80
Quantity: Remove From Shopping Cart Individual parts: Clamp Screw (Sold Individually) - $1.40 Auto_Powder_System_t.jpg Automatic Powder System parts
Price: $2.70
x1: $2.70
Quantity: Remove From Shopping Cart Individual parts: Roller - $2.70

So $23.30 to convert my powder measure to the new press... $32 if I spring for a new powder tube. Sounds pretty good to me.