Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for slide racker options...

G17fan

I have a PARA with a slide racker for a dove tail groove. I'd like to know what options I have as it is wide like a bomar sight grove.

I like the sidewinder style but it's to small and I like a "bat" wing style I seen on a pic a while back that has wings on both sides but not sure if it will fit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by G17fan

I found out that slide rackers are not really interchangeable. They seem to all be cut to a slightly different size. From what I understand sidewinders are made pretty big so if it won't fit nothing will unless you have a racker custom made. Somebody could probably weld something up but I don't think you will find a drop in solution.

I had a cheely slide racker mounted on my gun with the dovetail cut and replaced it with a sidewinder so it would come off of the left side of the gun instead of the right. as Sarge said the sidewinder was much larger and i had to take about 3/16" off of the top and some off of the bottom as well. also had to change the angle slightly for it to slide into the grove as the degree of the angle was different. did this with a dremel and filing at home but works.not as tight of a fit as the cheely mount that the slide was cut for, but the set screw holds if just fine. also not as pretty :blush: i was also hoping for the drop in solution as well but found out when the sidewinder arrived that they are indeed non-interchangeable and do need fitting.