Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look Over My 650 Order -- Missing Anything?

Welp, the 60 doesn't even arrive until Friday, yet I'm already looking for ways to improve it. :cheers: Guess this is the part of me that keeps me addicted to reloading...

I placed an order for the Whidden Floating Die Toolhead with the Clamp Kit from Uniquetek. I've always been a fan of Whidden's stuff, so I expect this to be right up there with the rest. The concept of a floating die is something that I personally believe in as saw my own load consistencies improve as I moved from a Big Boss II to a Co-Ax (a single stage where the dies also float).

I'll use the toolhead for my 223 (don't really see a need for 45. Quality will always trump quantity in my book....which is also why I've avoided a progressive for so long. Hopefully, the toolhead will give me some measurable fraction of an improvement in my rifle loads on the 650.

Anyone with experience with these? Thoughts?

I've got a heap of the Whidden tool heads, both floating and non-floating. You can get then with the clamp kit pre-installed and they'll also engrave them if you ask.

I mostly load on the non-floating ones because I don't shoot much rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk