Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

g35 jamming

obsessiveshooter

Okay, so my g35 is jamming with the projectile hitting the top of the chamber. Not limp wristing. I'm loading to 1.135. It doesn't seem to happen when I am shooting fast, mainly when I am taking a slow deliberate shot. This may be a coincidence. Shooting slowly it can happen like every other round.

I tried to cleaning my mags and completely breaking down the gun cleaning everything. This is a newer problem and the mag springs have less than 600 rounds of use. I did have an aluminum mag release that opened up the notch in my mags the slightest bit. I'm back to the original mag release now and the mags seems to be seated up reasonably tight. Maybe 1/31-1/64" or vertical flex. I do plan on replacing the mags, but I have a feeling the problem is something else.

There was a recent thread with a similar issue- I tried messing with the screw on my dawson ice magwell and there doesn't seem to be any flex from tight to loose, so I don't think that is the problem.

I'm hoping this is a common thing with an obvious fix.

I had a similar problem with my 35 when I first got it. It would shoot Winchester Whitep Box with no problems. My reloads would do as you described. Finally found it was a taper crimp issue. When I would run my fingers from the bullet backwards I could feel a sharp edge on the case. I kept playing with the taper until I couldn't feel the sharp edge, just a smooth edge, but not over crimped.

Get a box of factory loads and see if you still have the same issue.

Good Luck

1.135 in my Glock 35 and minor loads. Never had a jam in it. Any chance the mags are sitting low due to the wear caused by the mag release you ran? I am thinking if they are sitting low then the bullets aren't coming out of the mags properly.