Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Secrets

I have found the video tape IPSC Secrets from Lenny Magill Productions to be a wonderful training tool. In it Lenny has video of some of the best shooters in the world, Leatham, Enos, Jarrett, Barnhart, Koenig, Voight, etc. shooting. It's broken down into various topics, The Draw, Mag Changes, etc. and for each of those topics we have the best of the best executing their skills. Let's just say the old rewind button gets a serious workout when viewing this thing. Oh, and he's got some guy named Brian Enos offering his observations in there, too.

I loaned this tape to another shooter, who loaned me a tape of his own in return. When we returned the tapes to each other, he commented, "Damn! That's a great tape. I should have bought that one to start with." I felt the same way, i.e. I wish I'd had this tape years ago. It's that good.

• 3 weeks later...

You talked me into it, I bought the tape (off of the Web site). For me, Brian's discussion on moving into and out of shooting boxes is worth the price of the tape. Hell, I have been waiting for the sights to lift before I even shift my weight. Today, I discovered that out to about 10 yards I can hit the A-zone with one foot already out of the box and all of my weight heading to the next position.  Cool beans...

• 1 month later...

I mentioned this on the Steel Challenge forum, but "How to Shoot Fast and Accurately" is another great tape.  Lots of good stuff on the draw and first shot.  I think Brian said he was carrying this now.

Just ignore Lenny's "Sweet Spot" crap......

(and his "state of the art" .45 race gun).....