Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt loop or clip to secure holster/mag pouch at fixed spots?

MilkMyDuds

I wear different pants and shorts for shooting. My game is mainly IDPA and I use Bladetech holster + mag pouch. They usually have belt loops at different positions.

Even with the same pants, for example, the Khul pants, the belt loops are located in positions that cannot be used to index my holster or mag pouch. I know 511 tac lite pants have belt loops in perfect positions for my to index.

I wonder if there are products on the market that help secure holster and pouch on the belt? (I use 511 trainer belt).

Any information is appreciated.

Are you talking about a product that will help secure the holster and pouches so that they aren't lose when you're using them? I think that's the end game here so the answer, if I'm reading this right, is "absolutely". The general product name that you're looking for is "belt keepers". If you enter that into a search engine, you'll get a bunch of results.

I started using them back during the Mesozoic era when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was a patrol officer. One of my problems along with getting the cuffs on T-Rex (very small arms, had to use double cuffs) was all of the crap on my belt that meant there wasn't much left to contact the inner belt. The answer was the magic of belt keepers. I'd put one in front and back of my holster and then some others spread around the belt to keep stuff in place.

Fast forward to picking up USPSA action pistol a couple years back and while I have a heck of a lot less stuff on my belt now, I still have a crapload of mag pouches and I don't want the holster moving around any because I'm not all that great at this so losing time on a draw puts me in a time hole from the start that I don't need. So I have a bunch of CR-Speed belt keepers in my range bag that I use to keep things in place.

So just do some searching on "belt keepers" and you'll find something that should work well for your IDPA stuff.

Edited by ericjhuber

Are you talking about a product that will help secure the holster and pouches so that they aren't lose when you're using them? I think that's the end game here so the answer, if I'm reading this right, is "absolutely". The general product name that you're looking for is "belt keepers". If you enter that into a search engine, you'll get a bunch of results.

I started using them back during the Mesozoic era when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was a patrol officer. One of my problems along with getting the cuffs on T-Rex (very small arms, had to use double cuffs) was all of the crap on my belt that meant there wasn't much left to contact the inner belt. The answer was the magic of belt keepers. I'd put one in front and back of my holster and then some others spread around the belt to keep stuff in place.

Fast forward to picking up USPSA action pistol a couple years back and while I have a heck of a lot less stuff on my belt now, I still have a crapload of mag pouches and I don't want the holster moving around any because I'm not all that great at this so losing time on a draw puts me in a time hole from the start that I don't need. So I have a bunch of CR-Speed belt keepers in my range bag that I use to keep things in place.

So just do some searching on "belt keepers" and you'll find something that should work well for your IDPA stuff.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

When I use a Bladetech holster for IDPA I have it secured to my belt with a Tek-lok. You can adjust the Tek-lok to the width of your belt so it is a snug fit. However sometimes the belt loops are just in the wrong place for a tek-lok and the holster needs to sit in front of or in back of the belt loop -in some cases I have resewn my belt loops to accommodate the right positioning. In contrast, the sting ray attachment you have can straddle the belt loop to keep it from sliding, its just more of a PITA to thread your holster thru the stingray and belt loop.

For mag pouches I used Comp-Tacs that have a built in clip for easy on an off. Two of them fit between the belt loops on most of my pants. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=28 You can get them with tek-loks but I prefer the one with the belt clip integrated into the pouch.

I believe IDPA requires that the gun and mag pouches be carried so they are within 3/4" to your body. Tek-loks by themselves ought to be fine.