Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superlite 9mm ammo

afletcher1965

I bought some ammo from a company out of Dallas (I live in the area) called Stand 1 Armory. I was really impressed with the quality and reliability. I've shot almost all of their 9mm and .223 and haven't had any issues and found it to be very accurate also. While going through their website I saw that they had some 9mm 115 gr Superlite ammo that they say is "a true double -P load"...power factor around 100. They have all sorts of disclaimers about needing to shoot a modified gun with 11# or lighter recoil spring, etc.

I tried it out with a 13# spring and I had a stove pipe issue. Duh...sounds like they were right...I need a lighter spring. Dang it was like shooting a BB gun though and it was super accurate.

Has anyone had any experience running a 11# or lighter spring in their M&P Pro (I have a 5" CORE)?

I could really see where it would be awesome (assuming that you're only shooting paper) to run this ammo if going down to an 11# spring would do the job.

Edited by afletcher1965

Just keep in mind 11 pounds is pretty weak. If you are not running light striker and spring they will work against each other. Unless M&P's have changed A LOT in the last few years they are one of the harder platforms to make perform well with real mouse fart loads.