Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which magazines are the preferred choice?

mikeinctown

I have the two factory 18 round mags, unmodified in any way, that came with the gun. Are the Mec Gar 17 rounders with an aftermarket base pads the preferred production legal mag? Im really liking the looks of the Springer pads, will the factory 18 rounders fit the box with those? Either way, I'm going to get the 17 round mags, but I would like to have the factory mags as some spares, set up in the same manner. What have been everyone's experiences been with that set up?

The factory 18rds should fit the USPSA and IDPA boxes. The Mec-gar 17rders with the Springer pads are the same length as the factory 18's. I actually just set up all my Mec-gars that way.

That's good to hear, I'm probably going that route also.

I have the two factory 18 round mags, unmodified in any way, that came with the gun. Are the Mec Gar 17 rounders with an aftermarket base pads the preferred production legal mag? Im really liking the looks of the Springer pads, will the factory 18 rounders fit the box with those? Either way, I'm going to get the 17 round mags, but I would like to have the factory mags as some spares, set up in the same manner. What have been everyone's experiences been with that set up?

The factory 18rds should fit the USPSA and IDPA boxes. The Mec-gar 17rders with the Springer pads are the same length as the factory 18's. I actually just set up all my Mec-gars that way.

I just tested my gun in the IDPA box with the Mec-gar/Springer combo... It's a CZ 75 ACCU Shadow Lite with the adjustable Hajo sight- it fits but there is no room. These were made perfectly to just under the box dimensions!

I just tested my gun in the IDPA box with the Mec-gar/Springer combo... It's a CZ 75 ACCU Shadow Lite with the adjustable Hajo sight- it fits but there is no room. These were made perfectly to just under the box dimensions!
Was that with the CZ 18's and Mec Gar 17's when you put them in the box or just your 17's? I don't shoot IDPA, so I'm not too familiar with the size of the box compared to the one used in USPSA. If the IDPA box is smaller than the production box then I should have no problems. Edited by nmbpman

How do you like the accu shadow lite? I've been eyeing one.