Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pyramid trigger with CCI primers

Bryanbach

I bought a Zev trigger and want to use the 2 lb striker spring. I use CCI primers which cause a lot of light primer strikes. Has anyone used CCI primers with a pyramid trigger? Thinking about returning my Zev for a pyramid. Just wondering if this will fix the problem?

Did you get the extended firing pin? I did and no issues w CCI with the 2# spring. You will have the same issue w the pyramid if you don't have an extended pin, or just switch to federal primers.

With the extended pin I get some pierced primers with federals, no issue w CCIs.

Did you get the extended firing pin? I did and no issues w CCI with the 2# spring. You will have the same issue w the pyramid if you don't have an extended pin, or just switch to federal primers.

With the extended pin I get some pierced primers with federals, no issue w CCIs.

I did get the Zev extended striker. I have had 4/150 malfunction rate so far, which is unacceptable. I bought the trigger to have the lightest trigger not to have a lightened trigger. Trying to get the best of both worlds.

Federal primers are the fix your looking for...they are the softest. My buddy has been doing triggers in Glocks for 10+ yrs and 2lbs is no problem. Each one is done by hand. He does them both for production and and limited (reduced pre-travel and over travel via set screws) but you gotta run fed primers if your going that light. The light firing pin springs just don't have enough energy to ignite the heavier primers consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Can you explain more about fitting a trigger? How and the process?

Fitting a trigger entails matching the striker to the sear face and ensuring that there is adequate engagement. Tweaking the connector edges and trigger bar in places to reduce friction. The guns are loose in tolerance so one drop in kit to another may not work the exact same. Also you can change the angle of a few parts and get a different trigger break.