Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stippling

Chris54326

I think there are so many places doing stipple work that it's really just pick one that has a pattern that you like. The advantage of using the people who do this work on a regular basis is they have their technique down and yours will look like the pictures and have the same feel of grippy ness as other grips they do. Doing it yourself it's harder to get the patterns down like he does your first time. A very fine point also does good for doing it without as much pattern layout but is very time consuming and you need to be willing to take that time and not try and rush it by pressing harder or faster or trying to burn too much too fast. The other option is big dots which to me looks awful on a glock and cheap though some people have paid money for that which is VERY quick to do has good grip but no astetics.

On resale value a good stipple job may limit buyers but will generally not hurt the value over the basic gun. A bad job kills value. A good job will usually hold value or even increase it some. One from a "known" smith ie taran tactical, mod1 etc especially on a competition gun generally increases value as that's something we commonly do and are willing to pay extra over one that hasn't had it done if it's something we would do. If you like the pattern I say go for it unless your sure you can take the time and do a good job on it and are willing to practice first on something else(different plastic responds different though)