Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fed 10mm brass

Open1215

Hey all. I went to a local range today and found a large pile of brass swept to the side. It was all 10mm. The RO said he was going to save it for someone who loaded 10mm. I told him I do and I picked up a empty box full about 100 pieces. Idk exact I haven't counted them yet. My question: 1. Is this good brass? 2. it looks like a glock firing pin strike, with a lee die and press can the bulge be removed safely or should I pass this along to someone w a Dillion or roll sizer? Any input would be awesome. Thank you all.

Edited by Open1215

I work at an indoor range, it's about as common as .45 Gap, .357 Sig..... grab it while you can.

A year ago I saved almost every case that I shot from a 1000 rounds case of Remington, plus I snagged 1000 pieces of Starline..... outside of that, I have everyone I know keep an eye out for the magical 10mm.

~g

10mm brass is never empty...It's just waiting :goof:

That having been said I do occasionally come across 10mm brass with a small primer pocket and a federal head stamp so beware of that :angry2: I usually load it up on the lighter side for the once or twice a year that my wife wants to fire one of my 10's. I have used once fired federal brass to make 9x25 Dillon ammo with great success.

Also it has been my experience that 10mm anneals well for repeated loading during some of the times that I just couldn't find any new stuff available.

Thank you for owning a 10 you are most wise!

the fed brass has an average length of 25,00mm and an average o2 volume of 25gr

average starline new batch is 25,02mm and 24.6gr o2

so its almost as thickwalled as the starline.

good stuff, I pay just over 1,2 dollar per round of factory federal amrican eagle 180gr :o sadly even in a 6" barrel it doesnt meet our requirment for powerfactor.. soooo handloads is the way, Ive bought probably 1000 rounds+ of it just to get brass :o

Edited by ano

I found some Georgia arms ammo. New starline brass 180g 1100 fps advertised 11150-70 was what I got out my 6inch. 22$ for 50 rounds. Plus shipping if u can't find it at gun shows. Worked great for me! What pf are you looking for?

You can send some of that 10mm brass my way if you guys dont want it haha! Using Dillon dies on my 650 I've loaded a few 1x fired 10mm Federal rounds that were shot through a Glock. No issues but I loaded those for a Gen4 G20. Loads I brewed for the G20 averaged about 35 fps faster in my Kimber 5" with a few hitting 1150 fps.

Just wanted to chime in. Sure wished I hadn't sold my G20. I miss my beloved 10mm.

What truly gets me though, Back when the 10mm was just coming out, The 10mm wasn't really a big hit, and most people I talked to about it , didn't like it! But look at the 10mm now !! I bought a used Springfield Omega In 10mm. The first loads I put through it were the Norma (I think)200gr FMJ. After about 500rds all I got was stovepipes , every time. Come to find out those Norma loads cracked the slide. But a trip to Springfield and she got a new top end. Norma was the only load at the time I could find for 10mm till I started loading my own! (I guess because it was so new a caliber)

Just want to say that I'm glad the 10mm is alive and kicking, To bad its so hard to get brass for it right now. I'm looking at getting another G20 Gen 3 hopefully soon!

Jeff

Edited by ghost21