Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My VM Tactical is all Carbon'd up!

ericm

I've always liked my VM Tactical with the 8 rd tube setup from the factory due to the fact that the magtube is no longer than the barrel, i.e. most compact. I have a 26" VM for "more tube" if required.

The mag tube clamp on my gun has been battering the REAR of the flycut on the mag tube extension (more on the possible cause later) and it is generally a pain to take on and off, retighten the same each time, etc.

My 26" VM has the CarbonArms Versatube in 9 rd configuration (plus MANY extension options) and so it was I found myself at CarbonArms doorstep just before noon yesterday.

Mark foolishly let me in and I proceeded to ruin his lunch time. He set me up with the Versatube 8 rd and a plugged cap that ends BARELY longer than my 22" barrel. PERFECT!

He also mentioned that under slo-mo video he's seen, the VM bounces back and forth vigorously (maybe he'll chime in...) and we wondered aloud if that would explain the REAR battering of the flycut by the mag clamp (when most things move Forward under recoil).

Waited the full 24 hrs to let the threadlocker set and began shooting: PERFECT! Perfect length (some shotguns SHOULD be brutally short, nasty things), perfect function, no change in POI, just like my 26" VM Versatube.

Thanks, CarbonArms!!!

ericm

I bet what you're seeing on the back of the clamp cut on the mag tube is due to the tube unscrewing under recoil, so the back of the cut is forced against the clamp. That's is why I put a mark on the nut and one on the tube, so I can spot any movement easily.

I also put black electrical tape on the inside of the clamp, to make for a no slip surface that stops the mag tube spinning.

Mick

I bet what you're seeing on the back of the clamp cut on the mag tube is due to the tube unscrewing under recoil, so the back of the cut is forced against the clamp. That's is why I put a mark on the nut and one on the tube, so I can spot any movement easily.

I also put black electrical tape on the inside of the clamp, to make for a no slip surface that stops the mag tube spinning.

Mick

...been there, done all o' dat....tape on the tube gets all cut to pieces when wedged between clamp & tube

What I'm "seeing" is: As of today I'm FREE of all that noise!!!!

Just took it apart & reassembled....piece o' cake....I'm FREE!!!

ericm