Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Limited!

NickD

New member so Hello! to all and thanks for being here!

Have read thru lots of old posts gathering info on these beautiful pistols. Decided to take the plunge and just ordered a new Limited in 45ACP from Bud's. I have a few ?'s, hoping you can help the rookie out.

Want 3 more mags and plan to order Mec-gars (OEM, correct?) from Greg Cote. I plan on using the factory mag well and am a little confused about base pads. What do I need to buy, if anything, to make the new mags function in the Limited?

I want to use an Ultradot Matchdot (tube type) so need the weaver railed sight mount. Good place to get one? Anyone try the one used on the Gold Custom Airsoft pistol?

I don't compete, just enjoy target shooting and reloading 45's. Very excited to add the Limited to my modest collection.

Thanks again!

Nick

MecGar is making the OEM mags for the current large frame Tanfos.

They will need an extended base pad for use with the mag well, either the IPSC or the USPSA from Henning would work: http://henningshop.com/t/magazine-parts

Since you're shooting 45 I would suggest shooting Limited 10 since even with the USPSA pads, Grams springs and followers you'll only get 13 rounds. So just get the IPSC pads and use the factory springs/followers, they should get you 10-11 rounds.

Congrats on the new pistol. I am sure you will love it. I too recently got an Limtied in 9mm, and I also have a hunter .45 slide that goes on the frame. The only thing I would add to what Atlas said. Is to think about buying the 140 mm pads from Henning vs the IPSC pads, because if you ever decide to get another Tangfoglio you can use the extensions on any other large frame magazine and they are easy to swap. Also I have both the 140 mm extended and the IPSC standard and with the mag well I really prefer the extra bit of lenght the extended 140 mm stick out in the mag well for magazine changes. Either way however you can not go wrong. Great gun and fun with it.

Ordered the mags from Cote, haven't decided which pads to get yet. What comes on the stock mag?

pfcc, thanks, looking forward to getting it! Almost went with the Hunter, really want a long slide .45 and 9mm. Got the Limited for $100 more than the Hunter so went for it. Will eventually get a 9mm upper. Caliber interchange is such great design feature of these pistols!

Bud's has a Hunter .45 for $909 with a "Make Offer" available. Best price I've seen for the Hunter. My Limited asking price was $1026 with "Make Offer". Ended up at $1005 which I was very happy with. Free shipping also!

atlas, see you live in San Diego. Spent most of my life in the Poway and Ramona area before ending up in So. Az. My adult son and daughter are still in Ramona so I visit often. What area are you in?

atlas, see you live in San Diego. Spent most of my life in the Poway and Ramona area before ending up in So. Az. My adult son and daughter are still in Ramona so I visit often. What area are you in?

I was born and raised in Peñasquitos; I shoot about one match a month between Iron Sights in Oceanside, Pala and sometimes Norco.

Definitely let me know next time you're in town, I have plenty on guns and gear you can use if you like.

I was born and raised in Peñasquitos; I shoot about one match a month between Iron Sights in Oceanside, Pala and sometimes Norco.

Definitely let me know next time you're in town, I have plenty on guns and gear you can use if you like.

That's very generous of you atlas. I will definitely take you up on your offer next time I'm over that way. I used to drive to Warner Springs to shoot when I lived in Ramona. No range, just a make shift deal down a dirt road where it was legal to shoot.

When I moved to Poway with my folks in 1959 there was no Penasquitos. The turn off from US 395 to Poway was a "T" intersection, with a Stop sign coming from Poway. As you can tell I'm a little older than you.

Anyway, thanks for the offer!