Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Rifles Getting Shorter?

pcs352

I'm just thinking that it must be nice to have 2 or 3 fully built up 3gun rifles to use on different stages. I have one (18" JP barrel) but could not afford to build a second one up in shorter or longer variance. I'm top middle of the pack, and I think losing 20 pounds of ass weight would make more difference than 6 ounces of barrel weight.

Most matches, you can not switch rifle per stage. I used to take 2 of each gun to matches, waste of effort. But I do keep a practice rifle and 2 differently configured uppers for matches.

I am considering a shorter barrel for obstacles. At Blue Ridge, I noticed that rifles slung would get the long barrels hit during the COF.

Ive shot Blue Ridge four or five times with either an 18" or 20" gun and Ive never had any issues with them slung.

Maybe look into a new sling or how you sling it before getting a new rifle? Would be a much cheaper solution ;)

I used an 18" rifle with a VTAC sling this year at Blue Ridge, and didn't come close to having a problem with the barrel. Didn't have too much of a problem with the tunnel crawl, either.