Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am trying to find out how much support there would be from the other shooters to make the Alabama match a points series match.

Please let the MD for the Alabama Limited only sectional/state match know how much we all appreciate the hard work being done by a few to pull this match off.

Why Dennis ?

Now you don't have to put down the Limited gun and shoot the wheel gun, so that should be right down your alley to be Alabama State Limited Champeen for 2005 !!! :)

And you will get a slot for USPSA Nationals where you can bring the wheelgun and have some real fun..... Piss on this shooting it at a measley little section match :lol:

SAM

Well, there's no reason NOT to do PS now; the administrative hassle has been taken out of the match directors hands and placed inhouse at Sedro Woolley. All a given match need do now is get PS status, and they're done. USPSA does the rest.

• 1 month later...

The Alabama and all USPSA recognized Section matches are points series matches. I am sorry if anyone is put off by this match going limited only. The problem lies with the club that hosts it. Getting help getting this match to happen has been hard. It has fallen onto the shoulders of just a few people who already have more than they can handle. To do this match right, we had to downsize it. Look for an Alabama Open championship later this year... at another range.... with another club.

I have had my hand in the match administration of this match every year since 1995 as the MD several times, RM twice, Assistant MD several times, and chief flunky every time. If you have not tried to organize an event for up to 200 shooters, you just can't understand the amount of effort and time that goes into it. Dixie Shooters is now run by three people. We have a good turnout at our club matches, averaging 20+ shooters, but it is rare that anyone is here early to set up, or late to tear down and clean up.

What has happened to the cadre of people who used to pitch in and make it happen? Most of the shooters now just want to show up, pay thier money, shoot and go home. The matches are more challengeing than ever with really good stages at each match. The match fees are low at $15. Everyone gets along and fellowships while here at a match. I think it all started when we stopped picking up brass... used to be that when a shooter finished a stage and was walking downrange with the ro calling targets, a few guys would bend over and retrieve his mags and pick up all the brass they can identify as his off the ground and hand them back to him. It was a curtious act that was appriciated by all. We had the same brass picking guys show up hours before the match and help design and set up stages. They were there afterwards to return the range to prematch condition.

I am not sure where IPSC is going here in Central Alabama but I am tired. The two guys left who help me are tired. With out fresh faces, the future is looking bleak. We have tried advertising in the newspaper, had reporters write stories on the matches, staffed a table at multiple gun shows, and invited anyone interested in shooting to participate.

I know this has run into a rant but I wanted to explain why the Alabama Match is Limited only. Do your part, pick up some brass for another shooter. Jon G DVC