Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New K40 Magazines

Steffes

I am loading to 1.18 based on Beven Grams recommendation. I am push through sizing everything using the lee bulge buster. Then sizing with a redding pro carbide sizing die. The diameter of the base after this process is about .418 or so. The middle of the case is around .416 and the area occupied by the bullet up to the case mouth is about .421. I have been looking at getting the redding grx and u-die setup so thanks for the heads up that you were successful using these tools. When I run out of WST (soon :() I will adjust OAL to your recommendation CHA-LEE and work up a new load with either bullseye or VV N310.

What I have noticed is I still get quite a few cases that look like "belted" cases after sizing. Even after push through sizing prior to hitting them with the resizing die. Does the U-die help with that?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a dummy round loaded to 1.225 and it would not plunk properly in my barrel. I was still able to feel some drag on the bullet at 1.210 and it fit free and clear at 1.200. I will try a batch at 1.200 and see if they run better.