Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

800x 38 super... A bit much.

Open1215

Load data from today. Not much data but I'll post.

38 super starline brass 124 xtreme hp CCI SRP 1.260 OAL 8g 800x

Lim pro stock barrel 4.75inch

1.1406 fps

2.1474 fps

3.1417 fps

Avg 1423 fps

Avg PF 176.

A bit stout for no comp plinking. Going to back off a bit...

Sooo I had to see what it would do with the hunter...

Hunter 6in barrel 38 super

1.1616 FPS

2.1588 FPS

I stopped there... Brass looks fine. Primers are fine. Both guns kicked pretty hard.

Avg. FPS:1602. Avg PF 198...

I'm going to back off a bit. Figured I would post this as a DONT try.

Yaaaa. Again. What NOT to do. Lol the data I got showed 8g w a 124 out of a 5inch at 1312. So I figured run it and see. I'll be dropping down to 7-7.5 see what I get. Perhaps go back once I have the comp and V-6 porting done. Haha

I don't mind it for super. Loading 9 I wasn't getting anything close from charge to charge. I may not have been set up properly. Like I said. I'm going to back down to 7g and see how it runs/tosses. I try to do 10 tosses and divide it by 10. Shoot to be less then a grain over at the end. I have autocomp and 3n38 I just hate to burn it up without a comp on the end. Expecally how hard powder is to get. I can go to 3 diff stores near me and get as much 800x as I want

Bass pro in Orlando has it now and then. There's a shop in plant city had 10+ 1lb jugs and a 4 lb or two. I stop by there every month or more. They have a good stock. That's where I got the 4lb of 3n38 for just over 160$ out the door. Then there's a guy in Orlando that sells on gunbroker that will meet me in lakeland if I want autocomp or cfe. He also has 800x. It's 45$ a lb for autocomp but that's dilevered 10min from my house. I live in a small town between lakeland and orlando. So 30min either way I'm in a major city to look for powder.

If you are ever planning a trip down here pm me a month b4 and I can do what I can to grab u some powder. Selection may be a bit limited. I just went to 38 from 9mm so I'm not too sure on what to look for now. I know autocomp, cfe, n105, 3n38 ,3n37,800x,and I know I'm missing at least a dozen. Haha.

No :-( I'm looking to get a # to try. I heard that was the way to go for 9 maj in a glock. I just traded my open glock for a tanfoglio. Pm me if you like I can give you the info for my guy in Orlando. He sells on gunbroker so it's about 40-50$ a # but he has a large selection and will meet you in Orlando so u don't have to pay hazmat shipping on top of the price hike.

No :-( I'm looking to get a # to try. I heard that was the way to go for 9 maj in a glock. I just traded my open glock for a tanfoglio. Pm me if you like I can give you the info for my guy in Orlando. He sells on gunbroker so it's about 40-50$ a # but he has a large selection and will meet you in Orlando so u don't have to pay hazmat shipping on top of the price hike.

I hope it isn't that asshat USMC Fury.

Haha yes it is. I'm guessing you don't like him? I've only dealt with him once. He offered to meet me in lakeland when he was heading to tampa. I couldn't meet during his window so I meet him in Orlando. Seemed nice. Prices a bit high but I guess if you think of it as a finders fee I didn't mind too much. Bad experience with him? Not to turn this into a bash post, but if he's shady or something I won't be buying from him again.

Edited by Open1215

Haha yes it is. I'm guessing you don't like him? I've only dealt with him once. He offered to meet me in lakeland when he was heading to tampa. I couldn't meet during his window so I meet him in Orlando. Seemed nice. Prices a bit high but I guess if you think of it as a finders fee I didn't mind too much. Bad experience with him? Not to turn this into a bash post, but if he's shady or something I won't be buying from him again.

He's been kicked off this forum three times that I know of for his shenanigans and at least once off of another forum I am on. He is notorious for giving really bad and dangerous reloading advice along with selling powder at 2x to 3x standard retail price.