Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet puller -looking for company who makes die

mikeinctown

I'm looking for a specific bullet puller and am hoping someone knows the name of it.

The puller is a die that goes into a standard press, most likely a single stage and you take a wrench to tighten up on the top, then pull the bullet out by dropping the case down with the handle. I've been able to find bullet puller dies but they appear to have some sort of cam mechanism on top of the die instead of the part that you would tighten with a wrench as I saw.

I saw the die in a YouTube video when I first started looking at the Dillon 650 but am not able to locate the video any more so I can take note of who manufactured the die.

Thanks

Now that I've looked at video of both the Hornady and RCBS, they appear to both work very similar. The RCBS actually performs much like the one I saw in the video I am looking for. Instead of the handle already on the die like the rcbs, you just turn a box wrench a quarter or half turn to tighten the collet and back again to loosen.

Now that I've seen video of the hornady in action i may give that one a shot. A bit more expensive, but the lever action appears very simple once you get the collet tightened correctly.

I have the Hornady one. I had to pull 500 bullets (loaded for major and I wanted them minor) it worked great with jacketed and plated bullets. I couldn't get it to work for cast bullets though.

Well I went to order the Hornady. amazon price is $31 plus the collet cost which they don't sell but someone else does, but with a $10 shipping cost. Not paying $50 for the puller die. Checked Brownells as I want to order a Wilson Combat mag from there (on sale now) and figured I could combine shipping. The puller is $10 cheaper than amazon, but out of stock. They have the collet I need. Go figure.