Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

simpleton needs help

50cal

So I went to the range after thoroughly cleaning my Brazo Pro SC (first time I did the lower end) and received quite a surprise. Apparently I reassembled the gun incorrectly. The problem lies with the hammer "stem" thing that runs down into the grip in the groove inside the grip safety. After considerable difficulty, I finally got it back together in a way that appeared to be correct. What happens is; the hammer comes forward with the slide, it does not stay cocked. What is the proper way to reassemble the grip frame so the hammer is in the proper position?

Any help greatly appreciated - Thanks

Mike

Not an expert but:

It sounds like the left leg of the sear spring may not be resting on the back/bottom of the sear. Sometimes the left leg works it's way over between the sear and the grip/frame. In this case it may not have worked it's way over, but when you re-installed it, the srpring may not have been on the sear.

Take a look by lowering the mainspring housing enough to flip the grip safety up. You should be able to see if this is the problem.

Good luck!

I'd put money that JPRO45 is correct. The left leg of the sear spring is fallen off to the left side of the sear. I usually check this as I have the mainspring housing halfway up. Before dropping the grip safety in place, take a straight slot and push the sear spring to the right and ensure that the leaf is ontop of the sear.

Hey guys, Thanks a lot I appreciate the advice. It looks like it is the position of the spring, but I can't seem to get it right. If I rack the slide gently (not letting it slam forward) the "action" works perfectly but if I let the slide come forward on it own, the hammer will strike the firing pin. Its like it too sensitive. I imagine I turned the darn thing into a fully automatic pistol, only difference is; it will keep firing until the ammo runs out - quite a show with 170mm tubes.

I guess I'll keep playing with it. What position should the hammer be in when you put the grip frame on?

Thanks always!

Mike

You know what? I am pretty sure you guys were right, and I corrected "that" problem. The new problem is that; I must have changed my 28oz trigger into a something in the neighborhood of around 12oz. How might I correct that (aside from sending it back to Bob) :( His trigger job WAS absolutely perfect, broke like the proverbial glass rod with 0 travel. How will I ever get it back. Like mcoliver said, I won't be cleaning a perfectly functioning gun.

thanks,

mike

You must have bent one or both of the legs on the sear spring. First make sure you have enough tension on the middle spring to work the disconnector. Cock the hammer and push down on the disconnector it should move up and down firmly. Once you have this adjusted then put a little more tension on the left leg (the one that goes on the sear). Use the position of the middle spring for reference - go slowly a little goes long way. Check the trigger pull - you really need a trigger pull gauge to make these types of adjustments. Once you are done function fire with 1 round in the gun at a time to check for hammer follow, do this at least 10 times. If it passes try it again with 2 rounds. If all else fails or if you are at all uncomfortable doing this by all means send it back and I will fix it for you.

Bob, Thanks a million. Thanks also for the instantaneous response to my email. Oh, and thank you for sending the screws too - fantastic service even a year later. I can't believe you wouldn't even let me pay for the shipping!

I'll give it a try. Now that I have removed the magwell and mainspring, I can see the errors of my ways. It is sooo much easier to work with now. If I had done that initially, I would be having this problem. Too many shortcuts can be a bad thing.

Hopefully I can avoid sending you the gun but, don't be surprised if you find it in the mail :)

Take care and thanks. Also thank to the rest of you guys!

Mike

50 cal,

If it makes you feel any better, I was a dufus with my G35 Glock after I sent it to Custom Glock Racing for a trigger and barrel.

The "problem" was all my fault after a re-assembly, but MattK was great with his service. I still feel a little doofus about it.

Thanks for the great service Matt.