Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

230 Moly Load & Spring Combo for USPSA Major

JPG

I won 500 rounds of Ibeji moly bullets, so I got a 500 pack of their 230gr RNs. This is my first time to use moly - usually, I go with Xtreme plated, but since these are free... :)

So for those using moly, what is your powder of choice? While I'm asking - did you change your recoil spring to accommodate the load? (currently using an 18 or 18.5)

Of course, the end goal is to find a load that makes Major and groups well. Thanks in advance!

Edited by JPG

I use Clays at 3.7 to 3.9 grs with 230 moly coated o Hi TEC coated to get 175-178 PF (chrono'd at matches , area 7 and Nat'l)

Spring weight is 15 lbs, I would not change your spring wgt IF you are happy with it because of changing bullets unless you are going to drop the charge/ PF of your loads when loading the coated bullets.

Just as jcc7X7 stated above plain Clays is hard to beat at his load suggestion. Other powders that will give very similar results at the same charge weights would be e3, VV310 and Ramshot Competition. All are clean, accurate and very soft with the bullets you plan on using.