Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FRONT SIGHT REMOVIAL

Beethoven

I was just wondering if any of you have a "secret" way to remove the type of front sight that screws on with out the front sight tool. Also a way to get one in would be needed as well. The old front sight has a titrum insert so I kinda don't want that to break. I could just take it to a smith and have him just do the front sight but i would rather do it myself and save the money. I didn't want to buy the sight tool because i don't think I'll ever use it again.

thanks in advance for your help.

I used a 3/16" nut driver to remove my Heinie front sight and to replace it with a Dawson FO front sight on my Glock 34.

It was quite easy and I did not even have to purchase a special tool because I had the nut driver from my days in R/C racing.

Dawson even provides a tool to remove/replace the front sights when you purchase one of their FO front sights.

Don't forget the Loc-Tite when replacing the sight...

Good luck!

Cor

I'm a step behind you - I just had a tritium front sight put on my G17. I was pondering on the same question - whether to get the tool or do it on my own. Then I decided that instead of buying a tool I'd only use once in a decade or screwing the installation up by using the incorrect tools I'd let someone else make about the same money that I'd pay for the tool, and I had the front sight installed by a person who actually knows what he's doing.

Support your local gunsmith ;)

Regards,

CzechM8