Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P09

Apexer

I currently shoot a 75 shadow for production, and I need another gun. I have see many here state that the p09 shoots as well as their shadows. I just wanted to get a summation from a few folks, what parts are you running in your guns.

Also, what grip panels are you running on your shadow, as well as which backstrap on your p09. And, how is the trigger reach on the p series, I would like a bit more...

There's a difference in "feel" between the guns, ie metal to plastic but once you get over that and you actually shoot the guns you will fall in love with the P09.

The recoil impulse is fantastic, the triggers have a ton of potential and the price is right. They can be had for 450ish and while the price of the mags is expensive, they're well made and will last a LONG time.

I ran the VZ grips on my SP01 and found it to be too small for my hands, namely in the beavertail area. I run the large backstrap on my P09 for the "best" for me trigger reach.

There are a few threads on this forum so you might want to do a search.

I made a video about the recoil impulses between the two guns here:

Thanks everyone, I had done a search here, some had things I was looking for, others not. I was mainly curious about the trigger reach and feel.

Magsz, your videos specifically have had me debating on purchasing one.

I went ahead and took the plunge, ordered one from bud's, now the wait.....

You're going to like it.

The trigger reach is very similar to the CZ75 with the caveat being you can change it around to suit your hand size via the backstraps. Its not a HUGE difference but to us nit pickers, the change is apparent.

The only downside to the guns right now is the relatively creepy SA trigger due to the super long hammer hooks. Its not a "bad" creep its just more of a rolling break than a crisp, SA blaster.

I know that CGW's will be releasing production legal hammers with shorter hooks before the end of the year so that gripe should be alleviated. Also, having said all of this, the non crisp SA trigger is FAR from an impediment when it comes to shooting these guns well at speed.

You're going to like it.

The trigger reach is very similar to the CZ75 with the caveat being you can change it around to suit your hand size via the backstraps. Its not a HUGE difference but to us nit pickers, the change is apparent.

The only downside to the guns right now is the relatively creepy SA trigger due to the super long hammer hooks. Its not a "bad" creep its just more of a rolling break than a crisp, SA blaster.

I know that CGW's will be releasing production legal hammers with shorter hooks before the end of the year so that gripe should be alleviated. Also, having said all of this, the non crisp SA trigger is FAR from an impediment when it comes to shooting these guns well at speed.

I think I will like it. I'm currently running a 75 shadow, with only springs and a pre B disconnector, it is creepy, but I like it. I never feel it at speed. I'm stoked, thanks!