Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheapest way to ship a glock grip in for stippling

3djedi

FRAME OR GUN SHIPPING INFORMATION

Thank you for calling in, BOX this up, putting the address as ZEV Technologies on the outside of the box and ship it to the address on the invoice attached (include the invoice inside). Ship via UPS or FedEx Next Day or 2 Day Air. Insured for at least the full replacement cost of the items in the box. NO need to state that the item is a firearm. If asked, you can state it is “machine parts” or parts for warranty repair or service.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

I am pretty sure the ATF makes the rules on these issues not ZEV

Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms).

UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms; firearm mufflers and silencers are not accepted for transportation.)

It's on ZEV because they told me on the phone and in email how to ship it and that it is not required to declare it a firearm.

You can't seriously believe that having some person tell you to violate law absolves you of the crime.........

The pertaining laws have been posted here verbatim, what you do is your choice.

It wasn't posted before I shipped it.

I don't get it. I've had s&w ship a fully assembled handgun through UPS ground. Taran butler told me it was legal to ship UPS 2nd day. And ZEV has instructed me the same. I think there might be exceptions to UPS policy for manufacturers.

I don't insure any guns I ship to have work done on them as I have an insurance policy that covers guns when shipped. I ship with a signature to get the full insurance coverage on my policy. Saves money if you ship guns and it's nice to have in general. Usps is the way I ship but it requires an ffl to ship hansguns

Zev is NOT responsible for your item until it is in their hands PERIOD.

You can be advised on how to ship stuff and get away with violating either the law or company policy-at your OWN risk.

The advisors have NO liability.

It is up to you.

Recently, I file a claim with USPS which was initially denied. I appealed and quoted their own regulations and got my check. I followed their rules.

UPS and Fedex want it shipped by next day because they are handled differently in their internal system. At UPS they go into a red bag and are handled with a lot more attention and priority, so they are less likely to go 'missing'. This is an internal UPS and Fedex policy and not the confines of the law. You can legally ship it however you want, however, should it go missing, UPS and Fedex will deny the claim because you didn't abide by their rules.

UPS and Fedex will make agreements with firearm manufacturers (signed contracts) that 2-day is fine as long as they ship Monday-Wednesday. This is to ensure that firearms do not sit in a hub over a weekend, once again, to reduce the chances of it going 'missing'.