Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GG&G Mount for EO Tech

EricW

Thanks!

I was going to invent my own, but looked at it hard and decided that I might as well not redesign the wheel if it's been done.

I'm still racking my brain as to how to elegantly mod the mount so that it locks into the picatinny slots tight.

I've seen a few people mention they have them on AR15.com.

I just slapped mine on the flat top. I don't plan on taking it off, but I'll bet that if I did, it would be pretty close to zeroed when I put it back in the same place anyway. At least other red dots I've used did so without much problem.

Yeah, but that stupid screw is a zeroed stage waiting to happen. You can locktite it and risk snapping the screw when you try to pull the scope off. Or not locktite it and lose the zero or plain have the damned thing fall off. I've had enough trouble trying to keep my B-Square mount tight.

EO Tech needs to have ARMS or Larue design their next mount.

FWIW I have been using an EO in 3gun for the last 3 years with no mount problems at all. I have also taken the gun to Gunsite twice and several SWAT trainings without a problem. It has been removed on several occasions and it re zeros just fine. I haven't punched paper to see if its sub MOA or not but to 300 yds my hits go where I put them. Granted the failures I have heard about have been around the mount but for $5 bones Yankee Hill Machine makes a nice replacement screw. I keep an extra but it has just sat since I bought it.

Craig

Yeah, but that stupid screw is a zeroed stage waiting to happen. You can locktite it and risk snapping the screw when you try to pull the scope off. Or not locktite it and lose the zero or plain have the damned thing fall off.

Does it matter which screw?

I used the one with the hexhead, not the thumbscrew.

The instructions said to not use and thread locker, so I didn't. So far so good.

Rhino,

Personally I don't see that there would be a strength/durability difference between the stock screws. But according to YHM they say there screw is stronger, so I bought one as a spare even though my stock thumbscrew is going strong.

Craig

According to GG&G, there is a substantial difference in the materials between their setup and as-stock. My experience has been that hardware grade screws that small are very weak. Not that I'm going to start pounding on my EO to prove the point.

FWIW I have been using an EO in 3gun for the last 3 years with no mount problems at all. I have also taken the gun to Gunsite twice and several SWAT trainings without a problem. It has been removed on several occasions and it re zeros just fine. I haven't punched paper to see if its sub MOA or not but to 300 yds my hits go where I put them. Granted the failures I have heard about have been around the mount but for $5 bones Yankee Hill Machine makes a nice replacement screw. I keep an extra but it has just sat since I bought it.

Craig

ditto

Heck, might as well get a spare screw just in case.

Except ... I do have a spare! I have the thumb screw that came with it.

Hmmm ... let's wait until Eric ponies-up the bucks for the mount, tests it, and comes back to compl ... er ... tell us about it. Then I'll make a decision. ;)

Eric, I'd gladly squad with you somewhere in America! We'd have a lot of fun.

You'll beat my a** cherry red in the scores, though. I suck!

Why in the world would you want to be on the same page as I?? Wouldn't you rather be closer to the top?