Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inline Fabrication Ergo Roller Handle vs. Dillon Roller Handle

bigarm

Has anyone used both of these handles? I had only used the standard handle until I set up the new 550 yesterday. I set it up with an Inline Ultra Mount and decided to try their Ergo roller handle. I think I should have had one of these long ago. It seemed so much easier when I loaded today. Anyway, I want to change my old 550 to a roller handle now. It is set up with the Dillon Strong Mount. Back to the original question, if you have used both, which did you prefer and why? Does the Inline handle work with the Dillon strong mount?

No more opinions? After using the ergo handle for 2 days, I am really liking it. Want to order one or the other for the older press. Just don't know if I should stay with the Inline model or try the Dillon. The Dillon is a little cheaper ($46 + shipping vs. $55 or $60 shipped for the Inline), but not a lot.

Excellent products from Inline.

I purchased a ergo handle for my RL1050 but didn't feel it benefits shorter people.

It would make a difference to a taller person or if you're using their 1050 strong mount which I'm highly considering now.

The strong mount for my RCBS Rock Chucker is AWESOME!!

Excellent products from Inline.

I purchased a ergo handle for my RL1050 but didn't feel it benefits shorter people.

It would make a difference to a taller person or if you're using their 1050 strong mount which I'm highly considering now.

The strong mount for my RCBS Rock Chucker is AWESOME!!

Yoshi - if you get the 1050 Ultra mount please post a bench report. I am curious about the stability; if it is as rock solid as the other mounts?

Thanks

I have a Inline on my 650. Love it. Tried the standard ball handle before but the Inline handle has you seating primers so well you would not believe it.

I have my press on a Sam's Club work bench mentioned here. Without any mount the press is MY perfect comfort level to work. I reload standing, but if you need a smaller mount Inline has a mount around 4" high and I think 6".

I've run both on my Dillon 650. Currently I'm running the Inline Ergo, but there's nothing wrong with the Dillon Roller Handle.

Both handles have to travel the same distance but they do it differently. The Ergo handle doesn't seem to travel as far down on the downstroke but to make up for this it has to travel farther backward on the upstroke (yes, I said "backwards" as you push back when seating a primer on the Dillon 650). With this in mind I find myself standing a bit closer to the press when using the ergo handle. This is a good thing when using powders like Titegroup that don't fill the cases. By standing closer to the press I find it easier to look inside of the cases to see the powder.

Some people report having a better "feel" when seating primers with Ergo handle but it feels about the same to me.

Again, I'm fine with either handle but in my bench is about an inch too short. I found myself having to drop my shoulder at the bottom of stroke with the Dillon Roller Handle. Due to idea that the Ergo handle doesn't travel as far downward, it makes up for my press being a bit lower.

In the end for me, I would have to toss a coin to pick between the handles. The Inline Fabrication LED lights are another thing entirely.... their lighting should be standard equipment. I'll never load without lights on my press again.

I've run both on my Dillon 650. Currently I'm running the Inline Ergo, but there's nothing wrong with the Dillon Roller Handle.

Both handles have to travel the same distance but they do it differently. The Ergo handle doesn't seem to travel as far down on the downstroke but to make up for this it has to travel farther backward on the upstroke (yes, I said "backwards" as you push back when seating a primer on the Dillon 650). With this in mind I find myself standing a bit closer to the press when using the ergo handle. This is a good thing when using powders like Titegroup that don't fill the cases. By standing closer to the press I find it easier to look inside of the cases to see the powder.

Some people report having a better "feel" when seating primers with Ergo handle but it feels about the same to me.

Again, I'm fine with either handle but in my bench is about an inch too short. I found myself having to drop my shoulder at the bottom of stroke with the Dillon Roller Handle. Due to idea that the Ergo handle doesn't travel as far downward, it makes up for my press being a bit lower.

In the end for me, I would have to toss a coin to pick between the handles. The Inline Fabrication LED lights are another thing entirely.... their lighting should be standard equipment. I'll never load without lights on my press again.

Thanks for the information. This is what I was looking for, that is someone that has used both. I have only used the Inline ergo handle and knew I liked it, Just didn't know how it compared to the Dillon.