Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 TACTICAL BUILD

bowenbuilt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had good luck using a ISMI PO 45 mag spring with the Arredondo 140 base pads. I was getting 18 relaodable with old style followers.

I am running the same set up but with the newer type followers. I can easily get 17 in. Thanks for the tip.

I had enough daylight left to get a few picks of the thumb rest. Other than installing the FO sight I am done with this build at least for now. A few comments for those who purchase and want to install the thumb rest themselves. A drill stop is a must when you counter sink the hole for the new trigger pin. Drill bits tend to grab a pre-existing hole in polymer and before you can stop the drill the bit will ruin your frame. Be sure to use a properly adjusted drill stop when performing this procedure and only drill deep enough so that the counter sunk head of the screw is flush with the outside of the frame. Next is the relief cut for the inner nut to hold the front allen screw on the rest. You will need a small diameter coarse grinding attachment on a Dremel if you don't own a milling machine to make this cut. With the Dremel you will want to relieve the inner hole until the nut is flush with the inside of the frame and does not interfere with the recoil spring. Don't go too far with this operation, just enough so the top of the nut is even or flush with the inside of the frame. If you are not good with cutting and drilling the $25.00 they charge to install these is your best bet. A DIY video would be great and I hope they are planning one. Thank you all for the kind words and comments.

a.jpg

aa.jpg

aab.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

That is a good question. I have been meaning to take it to work with me and weigh it and I will just as soon I get it all finished. I am using an SJC Ghost holster that has been modified for the frame weight.

I really like the build... I feel like the stipple job needs to be a bit more agressive. I get it that it's your first try... But the little holes style stippling actually can get fairly slick when your hands start sweating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be right. I have never had the sweaty hand curse so I may be ok. This was one of the reasons I included the thumb rest to help keep the gun firmly locked into place. If this style does not work well for me I can always change it. The TTI stipple, very similar to this, has worked well for me so far so time will tell.

dskinsler83, that was the first place I checked and did not see it. Checked again and still do not see it for the Glock at least.

Richard

Hey Richard sorry I should have mentioned it's not for GLOCK it's for 1911, the slide has to be cut for it.

I am not sure what brand of trigger it is. This was a police trade in gun and it came in the box not installed in the gun. It was only the trigger bar with no housing or aftermarket connector. The gun was traded in with all the OEM stuff installed. I do not think it is a Zev from the look of the rivets, it looks more like a King Glock brand to me. The trigger bar attached looked just like an OEM unit. I had to work it over quite a bit to get it like I wanted it.

It is a $35.00 adjustable trigger that uses OEM Glock components. It has a set screw for adjustable pre-travel. The Phantom trigger has a very, very strong trigger safety spring in it's aluminum trigger pad that makes it very uncomfortable to shoot. I am guessing that is why it was un-installed and just laying inside the case when I purchased the gun.