Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Squad not importing to EZwin / Scores not importing

Xhris

SO I am trying this for the first time...

I have the stages imported, I have marked the classifier as such

However when I go to import scores I get the following error:

Score Import aborted - a member number (-1) found in the transfer file is not registered in this match

I also notice that everyone is in squad 0, and not in squad 1 where they belong.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It sounds like you registered people in practiscore itself rather than ezwinscore. This is common. Your competitors (some or all) have -1 for a ezwinscore competitor number. This EZWS does not understand. To fix, go into your match in practiscore, tap sync, scroll down and tap "email match export file". You have no intention of actually emailing the file anywhere, but you're trying to prompt him to launch a dialog that will offer to renumber the competitors for you. Let him do it, then export your guys however you did before, import them, and it should work.

Classifications are not brought over to ezwinscore from practiscore. The code in ezws (written for Palms and StageScore/USScore) doesn't even look at classifications. After you finish the competitor import, run a classification update in ezwinscore to restore everyone's correct classifications. This is something that you just have to do.

Edited by wgnoyes

If you're using the Android version, you can bring squadding information over (assuming it works. Unfortunately, I know it's broken in the iOS version, at the moment.

When you export the stages and scores, there will be a file named 'squadding_export.txt' (or something to that effect) in the .zip file. Going to the Online Squadding tab in the Match->Registration section, you can import that file and your squads will come across. If you're just posting results, you don't need to do this, but it is doable.

The iOS version will be fixed in the next release.

Actually, I tried this yesterday from iOS to ezws, and ezws rejects it, saying that squadding_export.txt is not in the correct format for ezws to accept for an import of squadding.

Will you put the file up on dropbox for me. I'll pass it along to Russell and let him know about the problem. In fact if you could export the match and let me use it for testing the iOS version that would be even better.

Actually, I tried this yesterday from iOS to ezws, and ezws rejects it, saying that squadding_export.txt is not in the correct format for ezws to accept for an import of squadding.

Take a look at the squadding export file.

The last line probably shows start, start.

Change this to end, end and retry.

There's more to it than that. The first and last name columns are reversed. The fields are unquoted, so if you have a competitor with a comma in their name, it will break ("John Smith, Jr").

Again, this is the current iOS release. I haven't checked this with Android 1.2.19.