Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke My Square Deal B

Just as I am gearing up to reload, finally found some powder, I hit a snag. I broke the arm of the press, it actually failed in two places. This is an older press and has reloaded some of that fine military brass that I get from time to time, so I guess today was the day to give up the fight. Now I am torn, I am sure that Dillon will fix the problem, my question is how long. Schools starts on Tuesday here and I have a small window to get a majority of my fall ammo loaded, do I upgrade while waiting, that seems logical right?? Those case feeders seem nice, a new 650 would fit nicely, however, how many rounds realistically would I need to reload for a case feeder to make sense? Not just because sense, but actual financial sense?

I broke one of the arms that attaches to the handle... Sounds like it might be the same part.

I was amazed how much easier it was to cycle after being rebuilt. I also lightly lube the mouth of the cases before putting them in the press now.

There's no need to send the press back to Dillon for something that simple. If you call the 800 number, they will send you the replacement part you need to fix your machine. You'll be back in action in just a few days.

The way I decided to "upgrade" my SDB many years ago was to buy another SDB and bolt it to the bench right next to the first one! I keep one set up for small primers and one set up for large. And in a pinch, if something happens to one of the machines, I can always scavenge parts from the other for a few days while I wait for replacement parts to arrive.

Just as I am gearing up to reload, finally found some powder, I hit a snag. I broke the arm of the press, it actually failed in two places. This is an older press and has reloaded some of that fine military brass that I get from time to time, so I guess today was the day to give up the fight. Now I am torn, I am sure that Dillon will fix the problem, my question is how long. Schools starts on Tuesday here and I have a small window to get a majority of my fall ammo loaded, do I upgrade while waiting, that seems logical right?? Those case feeders seem nice, a new 650 would fit nicely, however, how many rounds realistically would I need to reload for a case feeder to make sense? Not just because sense, but actual financial sense?

I have a 650 w/case feeder and would not of bought it without one.

To answers your question of making financial sense I will say it does not.

To be $218 or so richer and be able to produce a final reloaded ammunition product with or without a case feeder equally well will always make financial sense.

That said, time and aggravation has its price for me.

Sent painfully from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Live long and free or die

send it back to Dillon...they can work miracles....Thinking less than a ten day turn around.

If it were me I would be investing my funds in components and keep the square deal. If you need a case feeder then step up to the 1050 and smile..

• 1 month later...