Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Thompson

John,

Years ago, I was wearing a yin-yang symbol around my neck. I was having a conversation with a girl and I asked her if she knew what the symbol meant. She replied, "Let me see - What comes around goes around"? "I've never heard those words used to explain it" I said, "but you know, it's as good as description as any"!

be

A few years ago a couple of friends and I took a road trip to a sectional or state championship in another state.

The match had one stage that was kind of interesting. A speed shoot with LOTS of poppers. And about 1/2 the poppers activated something. And if you got mixed up in your order of engagement you could really screw yourself.

For example, if you shot popper #1 first a full target appeared which you could then engage. But if you shot #2 before engaging the target a No Shoot would appear in front of the target, leaving only the head shots.

Anyway, my friends and I sort of camped out watching this stage for about an hour. Eventually the squad with the local big dog came along.

During the walk-through the big dog parked himself in the shooting box. When the RO gave the squad 5 minutes to come up with a plan the big dog stayed in the box for the full time and then some going through his imagery and simulation routine.

Since he was the local big dog nobody said a word - not shooters or RO. A couple of guys walked up and stood beside the box but he just ignored them.

You know where this is going, right? A monumental, catastrophic jam, definitely cost him the stage and damn near cost him the match.

Would this be karma or just coincidence?