Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what spare parts do i need for my 2011?

Sandbagger123

this is the first full season i have run my 2011. not a hickup with it. brownells is having a free shipping sale and i would like to pick up some parts to make a spare parts package to bring along to comps. i know an extra gun is best,but its not in the works yet.

So what parts should i have in a spare parts box for my 2011?

You may want to keep in mind that most 1911/2011 parts need fitting. Then there is also the murphy factor that the part-which-breaks will not be the part(s) that you have backups for...

That said, this is my partial list of stuff I have rattling around in my range bag:

-Little screws that hold the 2011 trigger to the frame

-Extra springs

-Height elevation screw and springs for the Bomar-style rear

-Extra fitted/tested extractor

-Extra fitted right-side ambi thumb safety

-Extra fiber optic tubes plus a lighter and nail clipper

All of the above are things that at one point another broke or were lost at a match. The irony is ever since I got spares I have yet to need them.

You may want to keep in mind that most 1911/2011 parts need fitting. Then there is also the murphy factor that the part-which-breaks will not be the part(s) that you have backups for...

That said, this is my partial list of stuff I have rattling around in my range bag:

-Little screws that hold the 2011 trigger to the frame

-Extra springs

-Height elevation screw and springs for the Bomar-style rear

-Extra fitted/tested extractor

-Extra fitted right-side ambi thumb safety

-Extra fiber optic tubes plus a lighter and nail clipper

All of the above are things that at one point another broke or were lost at a match. The irony is ever since I got spares I have yet to need them.

thanks ordered the spare parts. Sucks to be at a match and your gun goes down. Was at A1 a couple of years ago and a guy on my squad lost his rear sight. Was not fun watching him shoot with the front sight only.

Speaking from recent experience (Rockcastle) last week a second gun is better. I carry a few parts like extractor, slide stop and springs. All easy items to replace. Of course the thumb safety broke. I just put the STI away and pulled out the glock to finish the match.