Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else broke this part?

rowdyb

So today I had the firing pin stop plate fall out 6 times as I loaded and made ready. Gun is Shadow Target. Firing pin is extended with low power spring.

I kept the same firing pin, but after the 6th time it fell out I put a normal length and poundage fp spring in.

Upon inspection the stop plate also has a crack in it across half its width, where it contacts the hammer during cycling.

Anyone else had any breakages or issues with the fp stop plate?

I ordered two stop plate replacements from CZ USA, they are only $9. I'm also going to just as a precaution replace the firing pin with another new extended one and another, new, stock, firing pin spring.

I had issues with the plate falling out after I put extended firing pins and RAMI firing pin springs in my match and backup guns. The firing pins came from CZ Custom - in comparing them to the factory firing pins, they were binding ever so slightly with the spring in the firing pin channel - I went back to the factory firing pins and used the extra springs that came with the guns (a Shadowmate and a Shadow Orange); the extra springs were actually quite a bit lighter than the RAMI springs, and definitely lighter than the springs that were installed by the factory.

Also, one of the extended firing pins I received was bent ever so slightly, and bound up in the breech face.

I'm off to Provincial championships this weekend, but I'll put a micrometer on the factory and extended firing pins when I get back - I forgot to do that before.

Edited by snootworks

Because there is not enough tension exerted by the spring in the stop plate, so evrytime hammer fall it bangs the plate, hence te crack.

My solution was to buy new stop plate from Tac sports and hand fitted by filing it down and polishing then I got a few Rami springs and dialed it down until enough tension.

I have a few K in the gun so fat so good. It's nice to have extra stop plate and spring.

Well I now have two stock Shadow springs and two stop plates coming from CZ USA. They will be here with not much time to play before idpa nationals. Oh well, do what I can.

Just put in a new extended firing pin from CZC with the lighter spring. Will see if that works.

So when I called CZ USA to order a few of these I guess I wasn't clear on the phone as what I got were two firing pin stop plates labeled for an 85C. I have a 75 Shadow Target. It fits, is of a slightly different shape but when I do the "put a pencil in the barrel and pull the trigger" test I send the pencil about a /13 of the distance as with the stock plate in place.

So some detective work needs to be done or to send it back and not get a new part in time for idpa nationals. What say the CZ experts here?

Edited by rowdyb

85 Combat is same plate as SHadow pistols. Target maybe trimmed to accomodate rear sight.

heat treat on parts can affect them, so possible after many strikes they can crack. happens in 1911s.

Not common, but does happen.

Like all parts, tolerances can stack one way or another.

so sometimes pins, or holes or plates can be off and require fitting and testing.

Thank you. I will take out the mic and look at thickness and fp hole diameter and see what i can make happen.

I would prefer to not run a fp stop plate with a crack in it. And I would prefer to fit one of the new ones in such a way that I still get relaible, appropriate interaction between the hammer and fp.