Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Single Stack

Tom C

I've handled and shot the Glock chambered in .380 (Glock 42). It handles pretty well and I was pleased enough with its accuracy BUT....IMHO....Glock needs to add a single stack 9mm of similar size but with greater grip purchase so the average persons pinky is not free floating. Would be a welcome addition, would not hurt the 42's sales and the added grip length would add stability to a light weight firearms recoil. I know this has probably been posted before but, sitting here with my morning cup of coffee, it was the thought of the morning I needed to get of my chest. Tango Charlie out.

I've handled and shot the Glock chambered in .380 (Glock 42). It handles pretty well and I was pleased enough with its accuracy BUT....IMHO....Glock needs to add a single stack 9mm of similar size but with greater grip purchase so the average persons pinky is not free floating. Would be a welcome addition, would not hurt the 42's sales and the added grip length would add stability to a light weight firearms recoil. I know this has probably been posted before but, sitting here with my morning cup of coffee, it was the thought of the morning I needed to get of my chest. Tango Charlie out.

They already did. Need the model number?

It's the Glock

S&W M&P Shield. :P:P Points like one, has a trigger like one, feels like a Glock, only skinnier......

They already did. Need the model number?

It's the Glock

S&W M&P Shield. :P:P Points like one, has a trigger like one, feels like a Glock, only skinnier......

Now why would I want to step down to a shield...... :devil:

Because you can have it today, instead of some indeterminate point in the future, if ever?

I like Glocks as much as the next guy, have more of them than anything else in handguns, but occasionally there's a niche where they don't play......

I didn't expect to like the Shield as much as I do -- but for me it points just like a Glock. It takes Sevigny sights just like my competition Glocks, and the trigger is sufficiently Glock like that the major differences are size and very shiny magazines -- I almost need sunglasses to look at them..... :P:P

Always someone takin playful banter seriously. Me and Mr. 19 play just fine and, when necessary, Mr. 26 steps up to the plate. Eventually Glock will come out with a single stack 9mm. Mr. 19 and Mr. 26 tell me to be patient and my dreams will come true.

Always someone takin playful banter seriously. Me and Mr. 19 play just fine and, when necessary, Mr. 26 steps up to the plate. Eventually Glock will come out with a single stack 9mm. Mr. 19 and Mr. 26 tell me to be patient and my dreams will come true.

I'll be in line with you when that happens.....

I really wanted to like the G42, and actually do, but the price point and availability of decent .380 ammo made it a non-starter.....

Word is the single stack 9mm G43 should be out in the next year. I think it will be announced at SHOT 2015 and be available by April.

What do you think?

First...we'll see.....Second...Good things come to those who wait. :eatdrink: