Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Considering a re-location, where to?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any thoughts about Tucson, AZ? Headed there tomorrow for an interview.

I'm not in Tucson, I'm SE of Phx. Summers are HOT, but the other 8 months of the year make it worthwhile. Shooting ranges/clubs/competitions everywhere - if you're into that. I ride my motorcycle 12 months per year. Great hiking/hunting/boating/4 wheelin'. Permit-less carry. No snow, unless you want to see it. Easy drive to Vegas or Laughlin. Kalifornication isn't too away if you must go there. Close to Utah/New Mexico/Texas, and Mexico. I don't know anything about the job market - I retired and moved here from the north-east. Oh, and summers are HOT. Drink lots of water.

Texas! we made the move 2 years ago. the only thing I really lost from PA was open carry, but I can CC here almost everywhere. Not a lot of places have the 30.06 or 51% sign, so anything else you can ignore.

Plus, it's warm all the time, I can shoot 2 matches a week without driving more than 4 minutes, I make way more money than I did in PA, and it's great! we love it, food is amazing, people are nice, and the sense of community is palpable.

BTW it's 82* here today ;)

Edited by steviesterno

keep looking. we found a long term job for me and moved my fiancé here before we had one lined up for her. Ended up taking 3 months to find the right fit for her (first place was shady so she left after a week) but we found her a great job where she's making 40% more than she did in PA for the same thing. She also got 3 job offers in the same day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tucson should be good. I love New Mexico and the weather should be about the same. Matches in pants and short sleeves in January. Even the hottest it gets is so dry that it isn't hot like Chicago in the summer. I moved here from the midwest and the only bummer is my friends didn't all move with me.....but they all should. Mortgage is $600 a month for a 1900 square foot, 3 br house with 3 car garage.