Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use the new Blue Bullets 200 grain RNFP not lube ring bullets?

bigarm

I am very low on bullets for my 40. I have been using Black Bullets International 200 grain TC bullet and have been pleased with the load I have developed, so am reluctant to change. However, I can save a few bucks and no lube ring, so wonder if anyone has used them and how they liked them.

Yes i have and they are great. I have been shooting them exclusively in .40 and love them.

Thanks. When you started using them, were you able to keep the same load of powder? I am using 4.9 grains of CFE and like that load. It makes major easily with the Black Bullets.

40LOADS2_zps63228507.png

Offhand at 32 yards (distance from my porch to the backstop... I would do 25 yards but then I'd have to hunt for the brass in the yard).

I'm making up some lighter ones to try now, the heavier bunch was more than I needed.

These were rested off the porch rail.

40LOADS_zpsa3f99669.png

Edited by AJE

If you join the BBI secondary sponsorship program, then they are cheaper than Bayous. I like Blue Bullet Company, but since I switched to 200/.400, BBI has it with the grease ring. However, I have tried the Blue 180s with no grease ring and I could not tell any difference than with BBI 180s.

https://www.blackbulletsinternational.com/Sponsorships.html

If you join the BBI secondary sponsorship program, then they are cheaper than Bayous. I like Blue Bullet Company, but since I switched to 200/.400, BBI has it with the grease ring. However, I have tried the Blue 180s with no grease ring and I could not tell any difference than with BBI 180s.

https://www.blackbulletsinternational.com/Sponsorships.html

Blue Bullets has a similar program on their website for 10% off.

You can get 5% off just by being a member here.

Yes i have and they are great. I have been shooting them exclusively in .40 and love them.

Thanks. When you started using them, were you able to keep the same load of powder? I am using 4.9 grains of CFE and like that load. It makes major easily with the Black Bullets.

Bowenbuilt, just curious- I just purchased 8 pounds of CFE. Have you used CFE with 180gr Blue or Black bullets? Major or Minor?

Bowenbuilt, just curious- I just purchased 8 pounds of CFE. Have you used CFE with 180gr Blue or Black bullets? Major or Minor?

Dont know about Bowenbuilt but I did some loads. See this thread: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=199062

I have used 4.9 grains in several matches and it has worked well, These were with 200 grain Black Bullets. New order of Blue Bullets arrived today. Will try them soon.

Edited by bigarm

No I have not tried CFE with these yet. I have been using e3 and RS Competition with them but I have not loaded any with CFE.

Order of Blue Bullets 40 no lube rings sized .400 arrived today. I have not used the bullets yet, but want to say that they do a remarkable job of packing for shipping. I was very impressed. I bought another companies bullets before (which were great bullets, by the way), but when they arrived at the post office the box was open and a lot of bullets were out of the box. I live in a very small place so the post master was very good about taking care of them, but could have lost a lot if it was a larger place. Afterwards, I did check the website and they said they recommended to buy insurance for shipping. I hadn't noticed that before. I should read more carefully.

I recently tried the 200gr blue bullets with cfe pistol.

4.4gr avg velocity 10 shots 792fps

4.8gr avg velocity 10 shots 869fps

OAL-1.126

Good accuracy with both

Primer- federal 100

Tested the 180 flat points as well with the cfe powder the 200 gave the best results.