Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best tube extension for 870 express magnum?

SAESuperman

So I'm a noob with 3-gun (only been to one match so far). I have a Vepr 12 that I used in that (open division), but have a match coming up that does not have an open division...so I'm looking to dress up my 870 express magnum (28'' barrel) with a tube extension to get me through it.

So my question is which tube extension is the best to put on it (and length)? My google-foo gave me some initial opinions, but figured I'd ask all of you for more accurate info. I'd prefer one that will be flush with the barrel (or just short if it).

Thanks in advance!!

So Nordic is the only recommendation? Is that the accepted "best"? What about the remington factory one? I saw a tacpro one at the store last night...any thoughts? I've heard choate is ok and a few others that I don't remember their name. Some come with all the parts and others don't (like the nordic I have to buy extra parts, right?).

My original thought was to just stick with the remington one, but I want to get the best bang for my buck...I want great quality but not spent $100+ on it.

Nordic is the standard, but Choate will work just fine. Unless you have an older 870, expect to clean up the indentions inside the end of your stock tube for whatever you choose. There are tools available to do this, or just drill them out and clean it up with a half bastard file or Dremel.

Nordic is the standard, but Choate will work just fine. Unless you have an older 870, expect to clean up the indentions inside the end of your stock tube for whatever you choose. There are tools available to do this, or just drill them out and clean it up with a half bastard file or Dremel.

I have a pretty old 870...my dad got it for me when I was a kid (late 80's/early 90's?). I'll have to check if I need to dremel it out...(hopefully not).

• 2 weeks later...