Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Clubs in TX

Hey Guys,

Just moved to Plano, Texas. Any info on local clubs/matches or who to get in touch with would be great!

Also if anybody has any info on good outdoor range(s) nearby that would allow me to shoot & train (draw from holster, move around, shooting on the move, set up mini stages, etc.).

Thanks!

Well if you like IDPA you can get a ton of shooting done in North Texas.. If you want Steel or USPSA you have a few choices just google these for web sites and schedules

Dallas Pistol Club

Double tap ranch

Dallas action pistol club

ETTS has 3 gun, USPSA

As far as holster work none of the indoor ranges will let you, and a few of the outdoor ranges have waiting lists. I do know just north of Dallas is a range called www.topguntexas.com they will let you draw but bring your own steel and targets. I am sure others will chime in we have a USPSA match almost every weekend if you dont mind the drive. PM me if you want to chat, welcolm to Texas!

http://www.tdsa.net/

Down South of Dallas off I-45. You can draw, shoot as fast as you can, etc. Owner is a nice guy, known him since the mid 80s or so. Steel available, think 300yd rifle and a 100yd rifle enclosed on all 4 sides (no roof) and no wind effect. Used to have USPSA matches but they were cancelled due to lack of participation.

Hope you like it. If you should join, you need to pick your travel times carefully - unless you like sitting in traffic. Middle of morning, middle of afternoon is good. With daylight lasting as long as it is presently you can stay/shoot until the evening traffic abates - mostly.

• 2 weeks later...